Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
President & Chief Executive Officer Candidate Profile
Pearl S. Buck International is seeking an entrepreneurial and visionary leader as its new President & CEO, the first in nearly two decades. The ideal candidate will be an engaging, inquisitive, and collaborative leader who is energized by a warm but fast-paced environment focused on the positivity and promise of cross-cultural competency and social justice.
The President & CEO is the chief staff leader and fundraiser of PSBI, serving as the global face of the organization. Key to the position is the ability to raise both funds and the organization’s profile locally, nationally, and internationally. Candidates must possess the ability to attract, lead, nurture, and build consensus with a diverse range of dedicated stakeholders (staff, volunteers and donors), while developing and shepherding existing and new strategic partnerships from around the globe.
The CEO collaborates with the Board of Directors to serve the mission by executing the strategic plan, addressing opportunities and risks proactively and decisively, and encouraging the best from the organization’s staff and volunteers. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
The position is located in Bucks County, PA and includes national and international travel several times each year.
PSBI has three strategic objectives:
1) Operate, preserve and interpret the National Historic Landmark home of Pearl S. Buck in Hilltown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
2) Provide outreach and child sponsorship through affiliated organizations in Korea, China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines. Expand into other countries as the opportunities and needs arise.
3) Offer intercultural training and consulting through programs like Welcome Workplace. Sponsor cross-cultural education and student exchange programs. Develop community-based programming and related exhibits.
1) Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board and senior staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through thoughtful and iterative strategic planning, the development and ongoing management of appropriate and sustainable programs, and active engagement with strategic partners and the broader community.
2) Board Governance: Serves as a consultative partner to the Board in fulfillment of its fiduciary responsibilities; communicates effectively with the Board by providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
3) Operations: Manages the internal operations to ensure:
4) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops and utilizes resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization, working closely with the CFO, Development staff, and appropriate Board committees, including.
Professional Position Expectations
Pearl S. Buck International is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/employer
Pearl S. Buck International (“PSBI”) provides opportunities to explore and appreciate other cultures, builds better lives for children around the globe, and promotes the legacy of our founder by preserving and interpreting her National Historic Landmark home.