CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Private Equity Owned Business Services Company
Location: Tempe, AZ
We have been retained by a leading private equity firm to identify the right CEO for one of its portfolio companies. This business services company is a leader in its market, highly profitable and posting strong EBITDA margins. The company is well positioned for continued growth with the leadership of the right CEO.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be responsible for leading the company’s overall strategic direction, profitability, customer acquisition efforts, operations, budgeting process, financial performance and customer service. He/she must drive results and accountability through the executive leadership team and the entire organization.
The CEO will also play a key role in:
- Defining and communicating the company’s goals, objectives and services.
- Continuously driving increases in sales performance, revenue growth and EBITDA.
- Evaluating and establishing marketing and sales channels to drive increased profitability and new customer acquisition.
- Leading improvement in the strategy, business plan and company performance.
- Defining, implementing and maintaining performance metrics to help maintain team accountability.
- Leveraging the company’s market leadership and service offerings.
- Developing, building, and growing a high performance team for world class execution.
- Delivering target results.
- A minimum of 20 years of progressive, proven experience, ideally with early career experience in a “blue chip” company and more recent experience in a lower middle market, smaller business or otherwise highly entrepreneurial organization.
- Previous tenure as a CEO or President with full P&L responsibility; preference is for a CEO of a private equity backed company that realized a successful exit.
- Experience in business services or otherwise relevant industry.
- Experience leveraging systems and data to track activity, analyze metrics and drive process improvement.
- A proven track record of innovative and creative problem solving success.
- A hands-on, collaborative leadership approach.
- Strong interpersonal skill set.
- An undergraduate degree; MBA preferred.