PCS Wireless a fast growing company is seeking to hire a experienced Production/Warehouse Manager. The ideal candidate is hard working, dedicated, honest and has strong attention to detail.
Production/Warehouse Floor Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility in accordance with all Company policies and standards. Responsible for directing and supervising Operations and other personnel to ensure the facility is operated and maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner.
1. Facilitate effective progress and tracking of work. Report inefficiencies and recommend ways of improving.
2. Create daily work logs and transmission of same to superiors.
3. Plan of all operational resources and activities in relation to company objectives and set targets.
4. Maintain a safe environment through establishment and monitoring of new and existing procedures. Maintain housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
5. Organize operational activities and assign responsibilities for staff accordingly.
6. Planning, organizing and controlling of warehouse' over-all operations.
7. Implement training and cross-training of staff.
8. Maintain and assure accurate inventory records.
9. Follow up & control daily absence and over time.
10. Track dead stock, goods aging, consumption, and manpower.
11. Implement cost reduction principle in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities.
12. Audit of daily labor and billing reports.
13. Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse administration.
14. Verify accuracy of incoming/outgoing shipments.
15. Pull and distribute materials, tools, or other stock items in order to fill employee's requests.
16. Complete requisition forms to order additional equipment and supplies.
17. Make daily rounds of the facility to ensure proper operation of equipment, materials storage and handling, facility security, cleanliness, health and safety, and environmental compliance. Ensure that the facility and all personnel operate safely at all times and promote an environment whereby safety is a priority.
18. Follow and ensures staff follows standard safety procedures, corrects safety and environmental hazards. Reads, understands, and applies information such as, lockout/tag out procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
19. Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
20. Thoroughly and promptly investigate any accidents or near misses in conjunction with management team to ensure that any unsafe practices or conditions are addressed and eliminated immediately.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
5+ years of experience in a warehouse environment, 3+ years in a supervisory or managerial role
Strong understanding of field related concepts, practices and procedures
Demonstrates strong creativity in process improvement and problem solving
Maintains professional working relationship
Strong Microsoft Office skills
Spanish is a plus!
About PCS Wireless:
PCS Wireless is a privately held company which began operations in 2001. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ and have local representation in more than 20 countries.
Our expertise in reverse logistics and asset recovery has fueled our rapid growth, and our commitment to operational excellence has inspired us to earn ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 and R2:2013 certifications.