“Join a team that creates transformational leaders and workplaces.”
Have you heard? Kent County is piloting a data-driven, innovative, performance-based approach to administering foster care that is transforming child welfare and creating better futures for children! Do you want to be a part of it? Look no further! West Michigan Partnership for Children (WMPC) is building its team.
WHO WE ARE
WMPC is a nonprofit organization that provides foster care and adoption services to children and families in Kent County, MI in partnership with Bethany Christian Services, Catholic Charities West Michigan, D.A. Blodgett—St. Johns, Samaritas, and Wellspring Lutheran Services. WMPC is piloting a performance-based funding model through a contract with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), utilizing a case rate that incentivizes permanency while allowing for flexibility and creativity in funds. WMPC utilizes software that will allow for predictive analytics to project successful outcomes, and flag cases that are at risk. WMPC seeks to empower communities to create better futures for children and families through innovation and collaboration.
We are a talented, creative group of passionate professionals who are committed to creating better futures for children. We value a workplace which embraces multi-dimensional diversity and promotes work-life balance. We are energized and motivated by our mission of improving outcomes for children and we know that it takes a village! Our work environment is highly collaborative, both within the office and within the community, and we believe the best solutions lie within those we serve.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAY
· Working within WMPC’s accounting system, Sage Intacct, to:
o Enter all bills received from sub-recipients and vendors for foster care and WMPC administrative expenses
o Process accounts payables and initiate electronic payments / print checks on a weekly basis; reconcile any exceptions with Positive Pay
o Record ACH payments and receipts
o Roster and upload weekly accounts receivable invoices from the state’s child welfare information system, MISACWIS
o Record credit card transactions and reconcile the cards for payment
· Processing bi-weekly payroll using Paycor system, while keeping Paycor system updated
· Assisting with the processing of service provider invoices
· Month-end close responsibilities, including cash and other balance sheet reconciliations
· Assisting with and handling special projects as needed
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
· One year or more of accounting work experience
· Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning
· Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to ensuring accuracy in data and documentation
· Self-starter with excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Experience in a role requiring substantial multi-tasking, prioritization, and organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
· Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Experience with advanced accounting systems (Intacct, Microsoft, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
· Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse group of individuals and stakeholders
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Highly ethical; ability to keep financial and personnel information confidential
· Desired experience with both MiSACWIS and Intacct
WHAT WE PROVIDE
We know that our staff is our greatest resource! We invest in our employees by offering:
· A dynamic and creative office culture;
· Flexible scheduling, work from home options, and a generous PTO package to promote a healthy work-life balance;
· Health benefits, life insurance, and a retirement plan, all with WMPC contributions;
· Professional development opportunities;
· The opportunity to create better futures for children.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
To be considered submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
About Partners In Action, Inc.:
Celebrating 20 years of service in 11 states and the UK, Partners In Action, Inc. is a full-services human resources support firm that partners confidentially with our clients to provide leadership and team training, coaching and consulting, and talent acquisition. Learn more about us at piabusinessconsulting.com.