The responsibility for an Engineer 3 is to provide high level expertise as a backline (L3) remote support engineer on specific OEM product families (eg. Hitachi and SUN) to Park Place external and internal customers. The position is also responsible for defining and testing “servicing readiness” for those products Park Place is taking to market. An Engineer 3 will also engage as a presales technical consultant for large opportunities, providing sales with product expertise to ensure supportability. Engineers 3’s are also responsible for designing training courses to ensure service readiness when a contract goes live.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in related field (Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience
· 15 years of related OEM product experience (eg. Hitachi and SUN).
· Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills required
· Working remotely in a professional manner with customers, management and vendors as it relates to their OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) area of expertise
Certifications or Licenses
OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) product certification are a plus
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors, customers, and/or the general public.
Mathematical Skills:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Manage being on call 24/7 and handling the stress of the customers’ situations (down equipment);
· Solid technical aptitude, ability to work on equipment may not have experience with.
· Strong decision making and problem solving / troubleshooting skills (determine appropriate parts, determine how repair will affect data integrity, determine hardware vs. software problem, decide on when to involve other resources such as backline support and/or management, etc.).
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with the customer. Customer Service orientation and skills.
· Must be able to work independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Over the past two decades, Park Place Technologies has quickly expanded to become the premier data center hardware maintenance provider nationwide. Park Place Technologies is a 4-time VAR 500 award recipient, 4-time Crain's Leading Edge award winner, a Plain Dealer Best Place to Work, and is a 6-time Northcoast 99 winner - making it one of the fastest growing technology firms around, and one of the best places to work in NE Ohio. We maintained a negligible turnover rate and our "best place to work" status in 2016 not only with our years of record growth, but by cultivating a truly exceptional culture of career training, internal advancement, collaboration, and team & individual success. Make a big splash with a career at Park Place Technologies! Visit www.ParkPlaceTechnologies.com/Careers to learn more!
Browse technical support engineer jobs in Marlborough, Massachusetts:
Park Place Technologies in Marlborough, MA
Posted 25 days ago on ZipRecruiter
NewGig in Framingham, MA
Posted 20 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Rudolph Technologies in Wilmington, MA
Posted 27 days ago on ZipRecruiter