Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Technical Support Engineer Jobs in Marlborough, MA
Technical Support Engineer
The responsibility for an Engineer 3 is to provide high level expertise as a backline (L3) remote support engineer on specific OEM product families (eg. Hitachi and SUN) to Park Place external and internal customers. The position is also responsible for defining and testing “servicing readiness” for those products Park Place is taking to market. An Engineer 3 will also engage as a presales technical consultant for large opportunities, providing sales with product expertise to ensure supportability. Engineers 3’s are also responsible for designing training courses to ensure service readiness when a contract goes live.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide remote technical support as required to field engineers (FE’s) and end users, via problem identification, troubleshooting, diagnostics and repair strategy, through resolution.
- Establish and maintain OEM (eg. Hitachi and SUN) technical support operating processes and procedures.
- Identify and deploy tools to manage OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) systems support for a break/fix environment.
- May perform research or collect information on specific technical hardware/software related issues to determine root cause, identify alternatives, and implement a solution. This may include participating in post mortem meetings with customers.
- Maintain knowledge base of OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) technology developments and trends
- Responsible for creation and review of Knowledgebase technical solutions, revised processes, and technical documentation
- Strong working knowledge of OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) operating environment, connectivity and networks
- Provide technical knowledge on OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) hardware products in pre-sales opportunities in support of the sales team
- Ability to perform/assist basic system administration functions during a break fix situation
- Troubleshooting, reporting and liaising with field team on open problem resolution
- Evaluates system specifications and installation parameters
- Maintain and configure various OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) operating system and hardware configurations
- Develop technical training plans for field engineers
- Provide product training to sales staff and PPI partners
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in related field (Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience
· 15 years of related OEM product experience (eg. Hitachi and SUN).
· Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills required
· Working remotely in a professional manner with customers, management and vendors as it relates to their OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) area of expertise
Certifications or Licenses
OEM(eg. Hitachi and SUN) product certification are a plus
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors, customers, and/or the general public.
Mathematical Skills:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Manage being on call 24/7 and handling the stress of the customers’ situations (down equipment);
· Solid technical aptitude, ability to work on equipment may not have experience with.
· Strong decision making and problem solving / troubleshooting skills (determine appropriate parts, determine how repair will affect data integrity, determine hardware vs. software problem, decide on when to involve other resources such as backline support and/or management, etc.).
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with the customer. Customer Service orientation and skills.
· Must be able to work independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Up to 25% travel
- Manual dexterity to type on computer keyboard and operate general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner.
- Must be able to speak and hear effectively.
- Clear vision at close, mid and far distances.
- Walking, bending, standing, sitting, reaching, and stooping on a regular basis.
- Lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Occasional driving.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office environment (controlled climate).
- Frequent travel by car, plane or bus to customer sites.
About Park Place Technologies:
Over the past two decades, Park Place Technologies has quickly expanded to become the premier data center hardware maintenance provider nationwide. Park Place Technologies is a 4-time VAR 500 award recipient, 4-time Crain's Leading Edge award winner, a Plain Dealer Best Place to Work, and is a 7-time Northcoast 99 winner - making it one of the fastest growing technology firms around, and one of the best places to work in NE Ohio. We maintained a negligible turnover rate and our "best place to work" status in 2016 not only with our years of record growth, but by cultivating a truly exceptional culture of career training, internal advancement, collaboration, and team & individual success. Make a big splash with a career at Park Place Technologies! Visit www.ParkPlaceTechnologies.com/Careers to learn more!
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Technical Support Engineer jobs in Marlborough, Massachusetts: