Job Title: Nurse Assistant/Certified Nurse Aide
Position description: A nursing assistant is responsible for providing routine care in accordance with established policies and procedures and as directed by charge nurse, RN, Director , and or Administrator to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
Reports To: Charge Nurse
· Currently enrolled in a school for nursing assistants or have a license as a certified nursing assistant.
· A minimum of 6 month experience as a certified nursing assistant or clinical experience while enrolled in a nursing assistant program.
· Must posses a sincere desire to serve the ill and aged.
· Ability to read, write, and speak English
· Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public.
· Willingness to work harmoniously with other people.
· Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
· Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
· Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset ,and at times hostile people within the facility
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform all duties as assigned and in accordance with facilities established policies and procedures, nursing care procedures and safety rules and regulations.
· Make residents rounds at the beginning of each shift and every two hours thereafter to administer quality nursing care.
· Verify the identification of a resident before administering nursing care or serving food to ensure appropriate care is being provided to the correct resident.
· Make beds, clean bedside tables and overbid tables.
· Serve fresh water shiftily. Assure that water pitchers are clean, filled with fresh drinking water and within the residents reach and per physicians ordered consistency.
· Dress each resident neatly and in his or her own clothing. Assist residents to dress as necessary.
· Serve nourishment’s in accordance with established facility guidelines.
· Assist residents who cannot feed themselves.
· Assure that resident’s food is accessible and self-help devices are available as indicated.
· Prepare residents for therapy, activities, physician visits, and religious services and to include transportation.
· Keep incontinent residents as clean and dry as possible at all times. Change bed linens, diapers and clothing as often as necessary to promote the sense of well-being.
· Do not permit residents to smoke in facility.
· Answer all call lights promptly.
· Check for food in resident’s room. Ensure that food is kept in a sealed container.
· Report all complaints to the charge nurse.
· Report any resident abuse/neglect immediately to the abuse coordinator.
· Report any medications found in the resident’s room. Take to charge nurse.
· Report all hazardous conditions and faulty equipment to Maintenance and charge nurse.
· Report all changes in resident condition, skin such as bruises, skin tears, or accidents immediately to charge nurse.
· Other related duties as deemed necessary by supervisor or charge nurse.
· Complete all documentation at end of shift
· Report toileting changes and or needs to charge nurse: constipation, rectal fullness, etc.
· Wash hands before and after care for each resident.
· Place residents in correct and comfortable position. Head of bed elevated 40 degrees for GT residents.
· Assist residents with dental and mouth care. Clean dentures after each meal and at nighttime.
· Record resident’s meal intake.
· Bath schedule compliance.
· Nail care per policy and procedure.
· Shave male residents daily and as needed.
· Observe and report the presence of skin alterations.
· Keep drainage bags in dignity cover and properly positioned.
· Apply house emollient to skin after incontinent care and bathing process.
· Reality orientation to cognitive impaired residents.
· Apply proper positioning devices as indicated.
· Restorative care as indicated.
· Maintain good infection control prevention measures to minimize nosocomial infections.
· Report to work as scheduled and on time.
· Daily compliance with all facility policy and procedures.
Long Term Care Company creating an atmosphere of quality, compassionate care for our residents.
Browse certified nursing aide jobs in Bandera, Texas:
Daybreak Venture in Boerne, TX
Posted 10 days ago on Monster
Hilltop Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Kerrville, TX
Posted 24 days ago on Monster
Sava Senior Care in Kerrville, TX
Posted 1 month ago on CareerBuilder