Job Title: Nurse Assistant/Certified Nurse Aide
Position description: A nursing assistant is responsible for providing routine care in accordance with established policies and procedures and as directed by charge nurse, RN, Director , and or Administrator to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
Reports To: Charge Nurse
· Currently enrolled in a school for nursing assistants or have a license as a certified nursing assistant.
· A minimum of 6 month experience as a certified nursing assistant or clinical experience while enrolled in a nursing assistant program.
· Must posses a sincere desire to serve the ill and aged.
· Ability to read, write, and speak English
· Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public.
· Willingness to work harmoniously with other people.
· Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
· Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
· Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset ,and at times hostile people within the facility
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform all duties as assigned and in accordance with facilities established policies and procedures, nursing care procedures and safety rules and regulations.
· Make residents rounds at the beginning of each shift and every two hours thereafter to administer quality nursing care.
· Verify the identification of a resident before administering nursing care or serving food to ensure appropriate care is being provided to the correct resident.
· Make beds, clean bedside tables and overbid tables.
· Serve fresh water shiftily. Assure that water pitchers are clean, filled with fresh drinking water and within the residents reach and per physicians ordered consistency.
· Dress each resident neatly and in his or her own clothing. Assist residents to dress as necessary.
· Serve nourishment’s in accordance with established facility guidelines.
· Assist residents who cannot feed themselves.
· Assure that resident’s food is accessible and self-help devices are available as indicated.
· Prepare residents for therapy, activities, physician visits, and religious services and to include transportation.
· Keep incontinent residents as clean and dry as possible at all times. Change bed linens, diapers and clothing as often as necessary to promote the sense of well-being.
· Do not permit residents to smoke in facility.
· Answer all call lights promptly.
· Check for food in resident’s room. Ensure that food is kept in a sealed container.
· Report all complaints to the charge nurse.
· Report any resident abuse/neglect immediately to the abuse coordinator.
· Report any medications found in the resident’s room. Take to charge nurse.
· Report all hazardous conditions and faulty equipment to Maintenance and charge nurse.
· Report all changes in resident condition, skin such as bruises, skin tears, or accidents immediately to charge nurse.
· Other related duties as deemed necessary by supervisor or charge nurse.
· Complete all documentation at end of shift
· Report toileting changes and or needs to charge nurse: constipation, rectal fullness, etc.
· Wash hands before and after care for each resident.
· Place residents in correct and comfortable position. Head of bed elevated 40 degrees for GT residents.
· Assist residents with dental and mouth care. Clean dentures after each meal and at nighttime.
· Record resident’s meal intake.
· Bath schedule compliance.
· Nail care per policy and procedure.
· Shave male residents daily and as needed.
· Observe and report the presence of skin alterations.
· Keep drainage bags in dignity cover and properly positioned.
· Apply house emollient to skin after incontinent care and bathing process.
· Reality orientation to cognitive impaired residents.
· Apply proper positioning devices as indicated.
· Restorative care as indicated.
· Maintain good infection control prevention measures to minimize nosocomial infections.
· Report to work as scheduled and on time.
· Daily compliance with all facility policy and procedures.
Long Term Care Company creating an atmosphere of quality, compassionate care for our residents.
Browse certified nursing aide jobs in Bandera, Texas:
Daybreak Venture in Comfort, TX
Posted 6 days ago on Monster
Hilltop Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Kerrville, TX
Posted 10 days ago on Monster
Sava Senior Care in Kerrville, TX
Posted 3 months ago on CareerBuilder