Sorry, this job was closed 2 years ago. See all open Biologist Jobs in Encinitas, CA
Senior Biologist Position Summary:
The Senior Biologist will be responsible for managing projects (both in the field and in the office) and providing leadership to the environmental team. In the field, the Senior Biologist will be a technical lead, providing guidance and support to team members, and being the expert in their specific discipline. This leader will provide technical support and guidance to other team members on biological reports, ACOE/CDFW/RWQCB permit applications, and biological and water sections of CEQA and NEPA documents. The Senior Biologist, with his/her working knowledge of the regulatory requirements within California for energy and infrastructure projects, will be able to assist senior management on high level assignments including project-specific financials, client management, proposals, and team management. The preferred candidate will have a strong background in regionally specific wildlife and plant resources and strong knowledge of the local flora/fauna of California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a senior/leader in overseeing the work of other biologists, assisting them in identifying regulatory requirements and appropriate documentation, mitigation, and monitoring and reporting compliance.
- Conduct reconnaissance-level, general biological surveys and focused surveys, and evaluating impacts and mitigation.
- Coordinate with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies including U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Regional Water Quality Control Board, and California Public Utilities Commission to develop mitigations and solutions.
- Be an active participant in resolving conflicts that arise between energy-related projects and biological resources through permitting, client-agency negotiation; and designing avoidance, minimization, and mitigation measures.
- Hold permits/certification to conduct surveys for California gnatcatcher, least Bell's vireo, southwestern willow flycatcher, Quino checkerspot butterfly, fairy shrimp, and/or arroyo toad, and/or experienced in conducting wetland delineations within the western United States.
- Serve as a technical resource lead and contribute to the technical accuracy of project deliverables.
- Conduct QA/QC of project deliverables to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Bachelors degree in Biology, Ecology, Botany, Environmental Sciences, or closely related field; applicable CDFW/USFWS permit(s), wetland training, or advanced degree may substitute for years of experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience conducting biological surveys, monitoring, and data collection
- Minimum of 3 years experience with the biological and wetland/water resources within California
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and organizational skills
- Must be seasoned working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Must be in good physical condition; field work may require long hours walking over rough terrain to conduct surveys and monitoring
- Experience as a field supervisor and project manager with the ability to work in a supervisory role, and both independently and collaboratively, both in the field and in an office environment
- Working knowledge of surveying and monitoring techniques for wildlife and plant resources, and jurisdictional resources
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
Please email your resume with salary history to email@example.com.
Pangea offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance following 30 days of full-time employment. Application process and employment requires DMV and Background/Drug Screening.
Pangea Biological is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Pangea Biological (Pangea):
Pangea Biological, a vibrant and growing environmental consulting firm located in Encinitas, California, specializes in providing environmental consulting services for the energy and infrastructure sectors. As we continue to grow, we are looking for energetic, dedicated, and highly qualified individuals to join the Pangea team. You need not apply unless you thrive in fast-paced work environments and truly enjoy working collaboratively with a team. We are committed to constant improvement; therefore, everything is a work in progress. Good enough is not in our vocabulary, and we set big goals to inspire ourselves and others. We want team players that are forward-thinking, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and passionate about the quality of their work and their success. You must be extremely detail-oriented, disciplined, self-motivated, work well with others, and have great people skills.
Pangea Biological offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a dynamic, challenging, and fun work environment. Pangea believes in challenging our team to reach the next level - there are many opportunities for advancement.
Posted date: 2 years ago
Browse Biologist jobs in Encinitas, California: