Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Biologist Jobs in Encinitas, CA
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Conduct biological reconnaissance surveys, habitat evaluation and species-specific surveys, and biological monitoring
- Analyze data and report findings, and prepare reports
- Prepare project and internal correspondence
- Coordinate small projects with direct review and interaction by senior staff
- Conduct environmental training for construction personnel on field projects
- Provide support to other technical team members
- Work independently on small projects or assist senior team members on larger projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Botany, Environmental Sciences or related field,
- Minimum 4 years experience as a field biologist
- Experience with biological monitoring during construction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both in the field and office setting
- Ability to work in diverse and rugged working conditions while in the field
- Experience operating 4-wheel-drive vehicles
- Must be in good physical condition; field work may require long hours walking over rough terrain to conduct surveys and monitoring
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with the identification of local flora/fauna in southern California
- Knowledge of field data collection utilizing GPS
This position is a great opportunity for qualified professionals who are self-starters, leaders, energetic and enthusiastic and who enjoy a variety of challenges. The Associate Biologist will work with an outstanding team of professionals both in the field and in the office setting.
Please provide your resume with salary history when applying for this position.
Application process and employment requires DMV and Background/Drug Screening. Must posses a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Pangea Biological is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Pangea Biological (Pangea):
Pangea Biological, a vibrant and growing environmental consulting firm located in Encinitas, California, specializes in providing environmental consulting services for the energy and infrastructure sectors. As we continue to grow, we are looking for energetic, dedicated, and highly qualified individuals to join the Pangea team. You need not apply unless you thrive in fast-paced work environments and truly enjoy working collaboratively with a team. We are committed to constant improvement; therefore, everything is a work in progress. Good enough is not in our vocabulary, and we set big goals to inspire ourselves and others. We want team players that are forward-thinking, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and passionate about the quality of their work and their success. You must be extremely detail-oriented, disciplined, self-motivated, work well with others, and have great people skills.
Pangea Biological offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a dynamic, challenging, and fun work environment. Pangea believes in challenging our team to reach the next level - there are many opportunities for advancement.
Posted 1 year ago
Browse Biologist jobs in Encinitas, California:
Senior Biologist / Regulatory Permitting Scientist
NewGig in San Diego, CA
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Insignia Environmental in San Diego, CA
Posted 21 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Discovery Solutions Inc. in San Diego, CA
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter