Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Production Manager Jobs in Little Canada, MN
“Lots of room for growth!”
Facilitate efficient manufacturing of quality wood products by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work flow.
· Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Responsible for maintaining a seamless shift change; minimizing down time by ensuring workstations are prepared before shift begins, assigning personnel to work stations according to priorities, ensure staff is properly supplied with supplies/raw materials.
· Maintains staff by orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
· Able to safely lift at least 50 lbs. consistently.
· Ability to quickly and safely get on and off of a sit-down forklift several times per hour.
· Ability to lift/change forklift propane cylinders as necessary.
· Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
· Carry out production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; following/establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Ensures operation of equipment by requesting repairs.
· Responsible for compliance with all Heat Treatment policies and procedures as specified by Pallet Service Corporation’s auditing agency, as well as any local, state, federal and international laws pertaining to Heat Treatment.
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Responsible for reporting of any injuries that take place and following company policies and procedures relating to post accident reporting, training and investigation.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Forklift Experience, Supervision, Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Production Planning, Dealing with Complexity, Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
*Job descriptions are subject to change by Pallet Service Corporation
For nearly fifty years, Pallet Service Corporation (PSC) has been a full service wood product supplier. Pallet Service is a family run business striving to exceed customer expectations. We are always aiming to develop and uphold strong relationships within our industry and with our customers. Here at Pallet Service, we are passionate about what we do. We go above and beyond to meet your product and supply needs with supportive and innovative customer service.
Using top of the line technology and equipment, Pallet Service specializes in new, recycled and re-manufactured (utilizing recycled/reclaimed lumber) pallets along with custom crating. We are an in-stock supplier of industrial lumber products including dimension softwood, hardwood, plywood, and oriented strand board (OSB). In addition, we offer recycling services , used pallet purchasing programs, logistic services and kiln drying / heat treatment (IPPC-ISPM 15 compliant) products. If we don’t carry what you need in stock, we are happy to work with you to customize a product or design.
With two manufacturing plants in Minnesota, and one in Wisconsin, along with an experienced logistics team, we have the capability to meet our customers local, regional, national and international pallet and wood packaging needs.
We believe our history and extensive experience in the industry, along with our excellent client relationships, set us apart from our competition. We are always eager to answer questions or provide you with whatever resources we can to help meet your wood package supply needs. We encourage you to get in contact with us today to hear more.
Sustainability is an important concept in our world today. We proudly promote the use of wood-based packaging. Wood is a natural and renewable resource, overseen by some of the best forest management programs in the world. “Wood is Nature's Packaging!”
The pallets we manufacture are “USDA Certified Biobased Products®” This certification allows customers to easily identify that our company meets the high standards set forth by the USDA Secretary of Agriculture.
At Pallet Service we are a licensed Provider of the industry leading design tool, Pallet Design System (PDS). This state-of-the-art computer design tool is used to skillfully design and analyze your pallet to ensure it meets your needs while minimizing waste in materials and fasteners. With this software we will make sure the products you receive from us are not only safe and efficient, but economical as well.
Our multiple pallet, crate, and lumber manufacturing facilities means each of our plants specializes in cutting the lumber that is economically available in it’s region. We have private railway access, serviced by all major rail lines which means we can economically source materials throughout North America to meet your needs.
We have extensive quality control programs to meet many of the leading food, pharmaceutical and other manufacturing industries unique requirements. Our 26 step Quality Assurance Program is industry leading.
Our ownership in First Alliance Logistics Management allows us to provide your company with complete pallet and unit load solutions on a national basis.
At Pallet Service Corporation, we are the one stop shop for all your wood packaging needs.
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse Production Manager jobs in Little Canada MN USA: