Sorry, this job was closed 12 days ago. See all open Youth Coordinator Jobs in Woodland Hills, CA
Youth Care Counselor - Night Shift
Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Under the direction of the Night Supervisor, the night counselor participates in crisis intervention, supervision on and off grounds, documentation and with various cottage functions necessary to the operation of the program. The night counselor is responsible supervising late night prior to residents going to bed and morning routines prior to the residents going to school. The night counselor must work closely with the night supervisor (O.D.) to call in head checks and provide a safe environment for the residents to sleep. The night counselor serves as a positive role model for the residents. The night counselor is also responsible to conduct outside activities, so as not to affect job performance adversely.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consult with staff on duty at the start of the shift as to the condition of the cottage, individual needs of the residents, daily log entries, and obtain clarification on issues and concerns as necessary.
- Record all required and appropriate events in the official log, when the event occurs. Take prior days logs (the white copy) up to breakfast Monday through Friday and leave with the appropriate staff.
- Consult with the night supervisor (O.D.) on an hourly basis as to the condition of the cottage and residents. Utilize assistance of other night counselors, night supervisor (O.D.) and/or administrator on-call in the event of an emergency.
- Provide supervision, protection and care of children individually and in groups at all times.
- Administer consequences and set limits for the behavior of the children in care.
- Maintain a positive attitude in interactions with residents, co-workers, parent and visitors.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Ability to be punctual and consistently work scheduled shifts.
- Must stay awake for your entire shift.
- Provide notation of the child’s progress; identification of the possible need for professional services; and communication of such findings to professional staff.
- Be consistent in following all safety procedures with regard to transporting the residents.
- Keep all sensitive medical information confidential in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Participate in all required in-service training and assist with the facilitation of same when required.
- Be knowledgeable of, and perform all duties within, the procedures and policies of Pacific Lodge Boys’ Home.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in adolescent residential treatment facilities preferred.
- Must have the ability to use good judgment, and follow the treatment philosophy of Pacific Lodge Boys’ Home.
- Satisfactorily fulfill requirements for employment at Pacific Lodge, such as employment references, physical examination/TB Test, criminal record (Live Scan-fingerprints), clearances, etc.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record in compliance with personnel standards.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression is not acceptable.
USUAL WORK HOURS: 40 hour work weeks, usually 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Schedule may vary according to the needs of the program.
*DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES, PLEASE NO CALLS.
About Pacific Lodge Youth Services:
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.
Posted 1 month ago
Browse Youth Coordinator jobs in Woodland Hills, California:
Youth Care Counselor (Recreation)
Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Site Coordinator MS- New Heights Charter MS EXL (Full Time)
Youth Policy Institute in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 7 days ago on the web
Administrative Assistant - Quality Improvement
Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services in Highland Park, CA
Posted 23 days ago on ZipRecruiter