Sorry, this job was closed 9 days ago. See all open Youth Coordinator Jobs in Woodland Hills, CA
Youth Care Counselor - Dorm
Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
The Youth Care Counselor (YCC) provides for the supervision, care and protection of all residents. As a member of the Residential Program’s treatment team, the YCC is an important agent in setting the tone, direction, and priorities of the residents’ treatment plans. The YCC helps develop an atmosphere within the Residential Program where residents can learn to make appropriate choices, improve their judgment and increase the probability of meeting their treatment goals. A large part of the YCC’s role involves the basic activities which most directly effect residents; their physical and emotional needs; social demands; training and limit setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Daily care, protection and supervision of residents.
- Implements discipline and limits within the treatment setting.
- Provides role modeling, understanding, guidance and example in order to promote in the residents a better understanding of himself/herself and the society in which he/she lives.
- Provided for the residents' emotional and physical well-being.
- Familiarizes self with the principles of behavioral dynamics and group therapy, and to assist residents in handling their problems and working effectively with a group.
- Charts the daily progress and maintains log notations and communications with social worker.
- Drives residents in agency vehicles as requested. As a driver, you must be certified in CPR & First Aid and be able to administer both CPR and First Aid when necessary. _________ (initial here)
- Assists in the supervision of residents when visiting the Health Office.
- Supervises medication regiment if a resident is unable to visit the Health Center for his or her regularly scheduled medications.
- Logs all incidents.
- Attends and participates in mandatory training and in-services as required.
- Maintains resident records, incident logs and medical log entries.
- Administers and supervises dorm rules and discipline on a consistent level.
- Supervises group outings for shopping, medical appointments or recreation.
- Assists in the planning and implement recreational programs.
- Participates in and leads group meetings.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Reports all special incidents.
- Follows directions and assignments by supervisor as needed.
- Drives residents in agency vehicles as needed.
- Provides tutoring and schooling needs for residents as requested.
- Ability to verbally communicate well with others.
- B.A./B.S. degree is required.
- An educational background that will make it possible to earn the children’s respect and to exemplify the values of education.
- Personal characteristics to be able to work effectively with the children in placement as well as adequate knowledge, skills and experience.
- Ability to be comfortable with the adolescents and be responsive to their needs.
- Ability to accept the children’s parents regardless of their difference in values and standards of conduct.
- Possesses the moral integrity, sense of values and a social commitment of the highest standards as required of all staff dealing with adolescents.
- Able to handle crises.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agencies. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression, and unnecessary or inappropriate physical and/or emotional expression are not acceptable.
Must be able to pass criminal/fingerprinting background check, TB Test, Physical Exam and Drug Testing. Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License and a clear DMV record. Must have the visual, physical and technical ability to independently operate a variety of office equipment including the use of a computer. Will also require bending, stooping, filing, lifting of at least 50 lbs. or more and able to interrupt physical altercations. Ability to verbally communicate well with others. On occasion staff in this position may be required to work scheduled or unscheduled overtime. All overtime hours must be approved in advanced.
USUAL WORK HOURS: 40 hour work weeks, usually afternoon and evenings. Schedule may vary according to the needs of the program.
*DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES, PLEASE NO CALLS. SUBMIT RESUMES TO: https://plys.applicantstack.com/x/openings*
About Pacific Lodge Youth Services:
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.
Posted 13 days ago
Browse Youth Coordinator jobs in Woodland Hills, California:
Youth Care Counselor (Recreation)
Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Site Coordinator MS- New Heights Charter MS EXL (Full Time)
Youth Policy Institute in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 7 days ago on the web
Bi-Lingual Wraparound Therapist
Pacific Lodge Youth Services in Woodland Hills, CA
Posted 21 days ago on ZipRecruiter