Sorry, this job was closed 1 month ago. See all open Recreation Counselor Jobs in Woodland Hills, CA
The Recreation Counselor is responsible for coordinating the planned activity schedule for residents utilizing all available resources. This person aids in the organization and supervision of other special event activities for Pacific Lodge Youth Services.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Develop and maintain a therapeutic intramural program involving all residents.
2. Meet monthly with Case Managers to evaluate progress of each resident per individual treatment plan and document in a resident’s Needs and Service Plan.
3. Serve as active resource guide to staff in planning, implementing and supervising all phases of therapeutic activities for residents.
4. Ensure the active participation of staff in planned activities program through effective organization and supervision.
5. Coordinate and organize all athletic league events both on and off grounds.
6. Consult regularly with the Activities & Enrichment Supervisor.
7. Create and maintain community resources for athletic related activities (sports clinics, NBA games, College Athletics Events, etc.)
8. Provide emergency back-up coverage to cottages when requested and serve as support to the Facility Manager when on duty.
9. Oversee and coordinate rentals for the Activity Center, Pool, and Field. Make sure all locations are kept clean and ready for visitors.
10. Be consistent in following all safety procedures when organizing or supervising any planned activity.
11. Know and follow all medical and emergency procedures when necessary.
12. Administer consequences and set limits for the behavior of the residents in our care.
13. Maintain a positive attitude in interactions with residents, co-workers, parent and visitors.
14. Be consistent in following all safety procedures with regard to transporting the residents.
15. Participate in all required in-service training and assist with the facilitation of same when required.
16. Ability to be punctual and consistently work scheduled shifts.
17. Keep all sensitive medical information confidential in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
18. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. At least two years experience working with populations similar to those placed at Pacific Lodge preferred.
2. Be able to effectively plan, organize, and implement a therapeutic activity program for residents utilizing staff and community resources.
3. Proficiency with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
4. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
5. Satisfactorily fulfill requirements for employment at Pacific Lodge, such as employment references, physical examination/TB Test, criminal record (Live Scan-fingerprints), clearances, etc.
6. All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression is not acceptable.
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.
Posted date: 2 months ago
Browse Recreation Counselor jobs in Woodland Hills, CA:
Pacific Lodge Youth Services in Woodland Hills, CA
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter
Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 23 days ago on ZipRecruiter
ARC Registry Counselors, Inc in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 18 hours ago on ZipRecruiter