Licensed Vocational Nurse
Benefits Offered401K, Vision, Dental, Medical, Life
The Licensed Vocational Nurse provides health care within the scope of LVN practice, maintains medical records, advocates for appropriate health care of residents b providers and teaches residents health related practices including instruction regarding prescribed medication. These activities are done under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervises, Protects and provides overall care for the residents of Pacific Lodge Youth Services.
- Consults with the RN to assess level of care needs of the residents.
- Implements the directives of the supervising RN.
- Administers First Aide.
- Schedule health care appointments (routine care, illness care, injury care).
- Administers prescribed medications.
- Monitors physician’s orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains health records of residents for accuracy and completeness.
- Documents behavioral problems and notifies the resident’s therapist and other members of the resident’s treatment team as appropriate.
- Assists with maintenance of complete and current First Aid kits for the agency.
- Familiar with prosthetic devices.
- Maintains centrally stored medications in locked cabinets with keys available only to those persons responsible for administering medication in compliance with Title XXII.
- Monitors and takes corrective action as necessary of medication containers to assure that they are appropriately marked as regulated by Title XXII.
- Documents and is responsible for appropriate destruction of unused medication.
- Monitors controlled substances daily for accuracy in count.
- Maintains the Health Office supplies and over-the-counter medication.
- Attends and participates in mandatory training and in-services as required.
- Compliance with agency staff training requirements.
- California Licensed Vocational Nurse and current experience with nursing practice.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our Agency. Therefore, each employee must all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
Must be able to pass criminal/fingerprinting background check, TB Test, Physical Exam and Drug Testing. Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License and a clear DMV record. Must have the visual, physical and technical ability to independently operate a variety of office equipment including the use of a computer. Will also require bending, stooping, filing, lifting of at least 50 lbs.
REPORTS TO: Health Office Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt employee
About Pacific Lodge Youth Services:
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 17 days ago