The Clinical Supervisor possesses and implements a basic knowledge and educational background applicable to work with individuals, groups, other disciplines, and community systems within as well as outside the agency. The Clinical Supervisor assists the therapists in their day-to-day responsibilities including, but not limited to, clinical work, documentation, teamwork and general supervision. This position is responsible for the effective implementation of the agency’s program statement, policies and procedures for STRTP Mental Health services according to the standards of State Licensing, DMH, Council on Accreditation and other regulatory bodies. Will assume the position of Head of Service for the PL campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for the direct clinical supervision of the therapists, therapist interns, and case managers in the PL STRTP.
2. Meets weekly for BBS group supervision.
3. Meets weekly for BBS individual supervision, as indicated.
4. Assists in the hiring of STRTP therapists and case managers.
5. Evaluates STRTP therapists and case managers on a timely basis, including disciplinary actions.
6. Assumes an integrative role of training new therapists during their integration into their assigned STRTP program by working with the agency’s Clinical Trainer.
7. During therapist’s extended absences, covers clinical issues and groups for their assigned programs.
8. Provides consultation and assists in the design of individual treatment and interventions to meet the needs of the clients from intake through discharge. Ensures that the treatment milieu is providing trauma focused care for all clients.
9. Observes the day-to-day operations of the STRTP program including attending group sessions and team/treatment team meetings weekly, and CFT meetings as needed.
10. Works collaboratively with the Residential Director in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the PL STRTP.
11. Works collaboratively with other STRTP Heads of Service to ensure consistency.
12. Participates in case consultations, crisis interventions, and team buildings as needed.
13. Trains therapists and case managers in Probation and DMH documentation, ensuring that the clinical loop is followed.
14. Reviews Probation and DMH documentation for completeness and accuracy, returning for corrections as needed while at the same time ensuring timeliness of submissions into EXYM.
15. Attends and participates in mandatory training and in-services, maintaining mandatory training hours as outlined by CCL and or DMH.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
2. Minimum two years supervisory experience and competence, specifically with DMH and Probation systems of care.
3. Ability to verbally communicate well with others.
4. All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agencies. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression, and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
Must be able to pass criminal/fingerprinting background check, TB Test, Physical Exam and Drug Testing.
Must have a valid California Drivers License and a clear DMV record. Must have the visual, physical and
technical ability to independently operate a variety of office equipment including the use of a computer.
Will also require bending, stooping, filing, lifting of office files. Ability to verbally communicate well
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.