Sorry, this job was closed 3 months ago. See all open Child and Family Services Specialist Jobs in Woodland Hills, CA
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Maintain an average caseload of 6-12 referred families.
2. Provided one-on-one interactions with the youth.
3. Meet child a minimum of once a week or as determined by the Child and Family Teams (CFT).
4. Understanding of the wraparound process and phases; utilize strengths based approach.
5. Interventions should reflect the wraparound phase.
6. Attend at least one CFT a month per child.
7. Interventions should encourage and promote family independence and self-sufficiency. Examples include:
a. Assist youth in completing interventions and/or activities.
b. Behavioral modification, independent living skills, positive communication and socialization, accessing community activities and resources.
c. Assist youth in learning the skills necessary to get along with adults and peers across all settings (i.e. biological family, foster home, school, community).
d. Orienting the youth toward socially acceptable activities in the community.
e. Practicing appropriate behavior rather than talking about behavior.
f. Identifying and reinforcing behaviors, activities, and skills the youth is doing well.
g. Create fun and reinforcing environments to teach skills (reduce deficits).
h. Assist youth in becoming involved in academic, social, and recreational
i. Provide transportation to the youth for academic, social, recreational, and/or employment activities.
8. Maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with the Facilitators, Therapists and Parent Partners (fostering a Team concept).
9. Communicate with the Facilitators, Therapists, and Parent Partners.
10. Resource development and distribution.
11. Maintaining required paperwork and documentation.
12. Be available for Crisis Intervention Response
13. Follow on-call policy while fulfilling periodic rotation as On-Call Family Specialist.
14. When not On-Call, work cell phone must be operational at all times. Employee must screen all calls within 10 minutes, and return or forward calls that are urgent, unless employee is on pre-approved vacation. It is permissible to screen calls after 5 pm and respond accordingly.
1. AA or Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field and/or relevant experience working with youth in a mental health/social service setting and one year of experience working with high-risk youth or high school diploma or GED plus three years of experience working with high-risk youths.
2. Clean DMV record, and a reliable vehicle.
3. Valid CA driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.
4. Completion of CPR/First Aid certification within the first thirty (30) days of employ: https://plys.applicantstack.com/x/openings
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse Child and Family Services Specialist jobs in Woodland Hills, CA:
California Mentor in Mission Hills, CA
Posted 5 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 29 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 26 days ago on ZipRecruiter