Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
In collaboration with the Child and Family Teams, provide peer support to parents served by the program and assists them to successfully engage with the Wraparound process and staff.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Utilizes personal and professional life experience to provide peer support to parents and caregivers served by the program.
2. Accesses community-based resources appropriate to the family’s needs commensurate with the wraparound philosophical principles.
3. Interfaces with Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Mental Health, court systems, schools, health care providers and other community liaisons.
4. Assists family with developing a needs/strength assessment, comprehensive Plan of Care.
5. Provides support and advocacy which are family-centered, community and strength-based.
6. Provides 24-hour availability and crisis intervention on an as needed basis or regularly scheduled basis which may include weekends and evenings.
7. Conducts visits to homes and or other service providers in order to help client achieve their plan of care goals.
8. Facilitates a monthly parenting support group and collaborates with team members regarding its implementation and promotes participation from clients.
9. Provides parenting education to parents utilizing a parenting curriculum.
10. Follows states laws and agency guidelines regarding child abuse reporting.
11. Maintains weekly service provision requirements.
12. Active participation in administrative and clinical supervision and meetings.
13. Is receptive in receiving feedback from children and families, community and service providers.
14. Ensures accuracy in work and that all deadline expectations are met.
15. Maintains consistent and regular attendance.
16. Follows up with supervisor in a timely manner regarding significant issues.
17. Demonstrates ownership of work responsibilities by incorporating feedback, taking initiative, and interacting in a professional manner within assigned role and adhering to agency guidelines.
18. Maintains confidentiality as required by PLYS, licensing, HIPAA, and other regulatory agencies.
19. Follows and adheres to all field safety guidelines.
20. Participates in mandatory training, in-services and meeting.
21. May perform other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma/GED preferred.
2. Must be a parent/legal guardian of a child(ren) who have special needs and/or previously have been involved in LA County DCFS, Probation Department, or Department of Mental Health.
3. Previous Parent/Family Partner, Peer Advocate and/or Parent Advocate experience preferred.
4. Previous experience working with high-risk children and families.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
6. Must possess and maintain a valid CA Drivers’ License, automotive liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to agency’s insurance carriers.
7. Good oral, written and organizational skills.
8. Physical ability to perform Safe Environment, administer First Aid/CPR, and operate a motor vehicle.
9. Satisfactorily fulfill requirements for employment at PLYS, such as employment references, physical examination/TB Test, criminal record (Live Scan-fingerprints), clearances, etc.
10. All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression is not acceptable.
USUAL WORK HOURS: 40 hours per week; schedule depends on case load.
REPORTS TO: Wraparound Program Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly Employee
*DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES, PLEASE NO CALLS. SUBMIT RESUMES TO: https://plys.applicantstack.com/x/openings
About Pacific Lodge Youth Services:
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 9 days ago