Life, Medical, 401K, Vision, Dental
The Behavioral Staff is primarily responsible for assisting and coordinating all staff assigned to task force and the Non Public School and Optimist Charter School.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Continually monitor the activities of the students in the NPS and OCS programs by roaming through both schools and its surrounding areas
- De-escalate students when angry or upset
- Assist with searching students when necessary and confiscating contraband
- Respond to Task Force staff calls to help deescalate behavioral situations when needed
- Assist in the adherence to the school dress code
- Write SIR’s as needed
- Liaison with the school, dorm, group home, and ILP staff regarding problematic behaviors and behavioral interventions
- Assist in supervision of community student and OCS student lunch period
- Assist school vice-principals with contacting probation officers of community students where necessary
- Draft a weekly report of each school stating concerns, patterns and issues with students and/or staff
- Meet with school administration on a weekly basis
- Assist and support VP’s and Principals in both schools to discipline and behavioral interventions
- Assists in supervision of assigned staff to Task Force
- Assists in behavioral interventions in classroom and throughout campus
- Follows direction from VP’s and Principals as needed.
- Assists in the detention room as needed
- Several years of experience working with ED students in either school and/or residential setting. BA degree preferred.
- Current California driver's license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Preferred experience with emotionally disturbed, behavior disordered, and learning disabled adolescents.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our Agencies. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression is not acceptable.
Must be able to pass criminal/fingerprinting background check, TB test, physical exam and drug testing. Must have a valid California Driver’s License and a clear DMV record. Must have the visual, physical and technical ability to independently operate a variety of office equipment including the use of a computer. Will also require bending, stooping, filing and lifting of office files.
USUAL WORK HOURS: 40 hour work weeks, Monday through Friday, typically 6AM - 3:30PM but schedule may vary according to the needs of the program.
About Pacific Lodge Youth Services:
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.
8 months ago