Sorry, this job was closed 12 days ago. See all open Cottage Supervisor Jobs in Woodland Hills, CA
Assistant Cottage Supervisor
Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Assistant Supervisor is responsible for participation, as an active and senior team member, in the supervision of the residents in his/her care. The Assistant Supervisor participates in group and individual counseling, documentation and with various cottage functions necessary to the day-to-day operations of the program. The Assistant Supervisor serves as a positive role model for the residents. Help the Cottage Supervisor, supervise the staff. The Assistant Supervisor is also responsible to conduct outside activities so as not to affect job performance adversely.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide supervision, protection and care of children individually and in groups at all times.
- Provide assistance to each child in working with a group and in handling individual problems.
- Administer discipline and set limits for the behavior of the children in care.
- Provide notation of the child's progress; identification of the possible need for professional services; and communication of such findings to professional staff.
- Be consistent in following all safety procedures with regard to transporting the residents.
- Keep all sensitive medical information confidential in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Participate in all required in-service training and assist with the facilitation of same when required.
- Be knowledgeable of, and perform all duties within, the procedures and policies of Pacific Lodge Youth Services and Pacific Lodge Boy's Home.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts or Sciences preferred.
- Six months direct experience in the Pacific Lodge residential treatment program or one year similar adolescent group care at another agency.
- Ability to use good judgment and follow the treatment philosophy of Pacific Lodge.
- Satisfactorily fulfill requirements for employment at Pacific Lodge, such as employment references, physical examination/TB Test, criminal record (Live Scan-fingerprints), clearances, etc.
- Possess a valid California driver's license and a clean driving record in compliance with personnel standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression is not acceptable.
USUAL WORK HOURS: 40-hour work week, usually afternoons and evenings. Schedule may vary according to the needs of the program.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes paid vacation time and paid sick time. We also provide a stable and professional work environment.
If you would like to become part of our future and are looking for a growth and longevity, then please submit your resume for employment consideration.
About Pacific Lodge Youth Services:
Pacific Lodge provides ongoing services for the many adolescent clients and their families whom we serve from surrounding communities. Pacific Lodge was founded in 1923 and has been at its present location since 1927. Although methods of treatment and activities have changed throughout the years, our goal of Building Productive Lives has remained constant.
Posted 1 month ago
Browse Cottage Supervisor jobs in Woodland Hills, California:
Pacific Lodge Youth Services in Woodland Hills, CA
Posted 21 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Rosemary Children's Services in Pasadena, CA
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Part Time)
Rosemary Children's Services in Pasadena, CA
Posted 24 days ago on ZipRecruiter