Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Insurance Inspector Jobs in Wichita, KS
Insurance Inspector Commercial
Commercial Insurance Inspector- Independent Contractor:
This is a part-time non-employee, per assignment position. OSI Survey Division is looking for a professional individual who possess excellent communication skills, able to manage multiple tasks, schedule own appointments, handle local travel, and complete work by due dates. Candidates must be proficient with computers.
Necessary tools for the job include a cell phone, PC, image/document scanner, digital camera, high speed internet, a measuring wheel, reliable transportation, and a valid driver’s license.
Commercial Insurance Inspectors provide reports to the insurance industry. These reports include information to assist in the underwriting of an insurance policy; as well as any necessary recommendations to improve the risk associated with that policy. As a Commercial Insurance Inspector you will work from your home, and travel to local commercial properties; to include retail occupancies, restaurants, hotels, apartments, construction sites, light manufacturers, etc. Types of commercial insurance coverage inspected for can include Property, General Liability, Workers Compensation, etc. Once an assignment is received, you are to schedule an appointment with the policy holder to visit the insured location. During your visit you will conduct an interview, survey/inspect the premises, identify hazards/controls, take digital photographs, and make any necessary recommendations to improve risk. The majority of inspections will also call for buildings to be measured, square footage calculated, and diagrams produced. Following the site visit the Inspector is expected to promptly produce a detailed and accurate report of the information obtained. All work is received and submitted online.
Inspections include WC assignments. Candidates must meet one of the following requirements in order to complete Workers Compensation assignments in the state of Kansas:
• A Bachelor's degree in Science, Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Loss Control, or Engineering
• CSP Designation
• Registered Professional Engineer
• Certified Industrial Hygienist, designation must be from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
• Five years of experience in Occupational Safety and Health
• Designation of ALCM or ARM from the Insurance Institute of America
• Designation of Occupational Safety and Health Technologist from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals; or any other comparable designation or certification by a recognized organization as determined by the Secretary of Labor; or an individual who has completed a certified training program in Accident Prevention Services approved by the Secretary of Labor.
About Overland Solutions, Inc:
Overland Solutions, Inc. specializes in premium audits, loss control consulting, high value residential surveys and commercial surveys. With more than 80 years of experience, you will be working for the best in the industry!
Posted 3 years ago
Browse Insurance Inspector jobs in Wichita, Kansas:
Commercial Insurance Inspector
USG Insurance Services, Inc. in Wichita, KS
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
IC - Insurance Inspector
EXL in Wichita, KS
Posted 7 days ago on StartWire
Photo, Field, Drive-by Inspector, and other opportunities available for Professionals in Wichita, KS NEW!
National Signing Source in Wichita, KS
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter