Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
LCSW Job Description
Our Community Health is a nonprofit community health center serving the Westbank. We offer OB-GYN, Pediatric, Adult Primary Care and Behavioral Health services. In addition, we with partner with other community-based organizations to provide access to transportation, translation, pharmacy, and dental services, outreach and health education.
• To provide world class health services so that our neighbors can live physically, mentally, and spiritually healthier lives.
• To be a catalyst for healthier communities.
• Human Dignity-Every life is sacred. We are respectful and inclusive of everyone.
• Compassion-Each person is on their own journey toward health and well-being. We meet our patients where they are and work with them across their entire lifespan to support their personal journey.
• Empowerment-Each person should be the author of their life. We empower our employees and patients to pursue their goals.
• Integrity-Through robust measurement and transparent reporting, we hold ourselves accountable for improving the health and well-being of our communities.
· Health Equity-Through intentional action we will promote health equity and reduce health disparities.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who have a deep understanding of integrated primary care behavioral health workflows and models.
The LCSW is part of the primary care treatment team. The LCSW identifies, triages, and manages patients with medical and behavioral health conditions within the community health center setting. They will also provide skill training through psycho-education strategies and will provide brief interventions that are problem-focused and based on goals set in partnership with the patient.
The LCSW applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of prevention, assessment and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral and addictive disorders; engages in multi-disciplinary treatment planning and clinical social work interventions. The LCSW will lead case management and work with the community health worker to to engage community members in care and additional supportive services. The LCSW is expected to be flexible in function and role; able to successfully adapt in a fast-paced, nontraditional clinical setting using evidence-based and culturally sensitive best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company's discretion.
· Required - Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited university or institution
· Required -5 years clinical social work experience.
o Prior work experience as a Social Worker in medical setting or Federally Qualified Health Center
o Prior work with diverse patient population
o Prior work experience in integrated behavioral health models
· Required -Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Louisiana as verified by the LABSWE and able to engage in independent practice
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
· Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
· Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
· Excellent psychotherapeutic skills.
· Superior interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with patients, families, multi-disciplinary team members, departmental peers and community agency personnel.
· Advanced knowledge of an acute and chronic care medical setting, medical terminology and the psychosocial and economic effects of illness and/or trauma upon the patient and their support system.
· Advanced knowledge of managed care and public programs such as those funded by Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and commercial insurance plans.
· Familiarity with Social Determinants of Health and health disparities
· Ability to work in a high stress/fast paced/high work volume environment
· Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
· Demonstrates commitment to organizational values: compassion, integrity, empowerment and human dignity, and health equity through all interactions with community members and team members. This is demonstrated by:
o Providing excellent customer service to all patients, guests, and family members.
o Adapting behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, cultural intelligence, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
o Working with community health workers to coordinate additional supportive services as necessary.
o Supporting the patient access representative with performing appointment reminders and screen patients for potential reasons they may miss a scheduled appointment to coordinate supports to prevent the missed appointment.
o Supporting the health center team with occasional outreach activities. i.e. events, health fairs, survey distribution.
o Demonstrating respect and compassion in all staff and community relationships.
· Interviews and assesses patients and assists throughout patient care plan.
· Screening, assessment, and brief treatment for behavioral health conditions (e.g., depression, anxiety, substance use)
· Use of common screening tools and best practices (e.g., PHQ-9, GAD-7, SBIRT, etc.)
· Contributing to team-based care for the management of chronic health conditions (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, obesity, etc.)
· Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and develop of plans to prevent further health complications
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate on a multi-disciplinary team
· Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments for common mental health and substance use disorders
· Document in Electronic Health Records in a timely, accurate, and clinically sound way, and communicates critical information to the medical team
· Monitor health outcomes at an individual and population level
· Identifies and provides helpful resources to patients and families.
· Able to adapt services to language and cultural preferences; and promote diversity among the providers working in teams
· Participates in on-call rotation.
· Other related duties as required.
· Commitment to excellence. Through all work and actions, demonstrate commitment to excellence.
· Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work:
(1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or
(2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or
(3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
· Mechanical lifting devices (carts, dollies, etc.) or team lifts should be utilized.
· Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
· Must be able to travel throughout and between facilities.
· Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (e.g. 24/7, weekend, holiday, on call availability).
· Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue, but exposure or potential for exposure may occur.
· There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases
Workers comp & Other Details
8833 - Professional (United States of America)
2010 - Social workers (Census Code)
2C - 2C - Professional- Clinical (Job Group)
2 - Professionals (EEO Classification Group)
523000-0000/523002-0000 - Other Med Prov Salaries (v10 Salary Expense Group)
52310/52312 - Other Med Prov Salaries (v9 Salary Expense Group) (inactive)
Eve_Night_Shift_Elig - Eligible for Evening-Night Shift Differential (Shift Differential Eligibility)
Wkd_Shift_Elig - Eligible for Weekend Shift Differential (Shift Differential Eligibility)
Company address: 91 Westbank Expressway, Ste 440
Posted date: 2 days ago