“A great opportunity to build Advancement team to continue to grow the Orchard Lake Schools!”
ORCHARD LAKE SCHOOLS’ POLISH MISSION DIRECTOR KEY JOB ELEMENTS
The Polish Mission Director (“PMD”) serves as the Chief Operating Officer of the Polish Mission (“PM”) of the Orchard Lake Schools (“OLS”), and is responsible for the daily management and implementation of programs and promotional and developmental activities, as approved by the PM Board of Trustees, in accordance with the approved Polish Mission Statement. The PMD is an ex-officio member of the PM Board and reports to the Chairman of the Polish Mission for strategic matters. The PMD is also responsible to the Chancellor, as President of the OLS, to accomplish specific initiatives that demonstrably enhance the OLS’ prominence in the Polish American community at large. The PM’s performance is reviewed annually by the PM Board. The OLS are a private, Catholic High School and Seminary located in Orchard Lake, Michigan. For more information about the OLS visit www.orchardlakeschools.com. For more information about the Polish Mission visit www.polishmission.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cultural & Educational
· Create, develop, and promote educational and cultural activities and events according to the Mission Statement and objectives of the PM.
· Establish rapport and cooperating relationships with key Polish Organizations, locally, nationally and abroad. Maintain active membership in key organizations like the Polish American Congress, Friends of Polish Art, etc.
· Establish rapport with key local representatives of the United States’ and Polish Government, Polish Episcopate, and educational and cultural institutions for the purpose of working cooperatively on cultural and educational initiatives.
· Disseminate information about the PM and it’s activities and events through periodic news publications, postings on the Official PM website, and communication with OLS’ campus personnel, Chancellor, and COO.
· Responsible for the OLS’ Galeria activities and displays.
· Responsible for the inventory, display, and safe keeping of all Polish and Polish American art, artifacts, archives, literary and historical collections owned by the OLS.
· Periodically assess all historical Polish and Polish American artifacts owned by the OLS to determine whether they support the OLS’ Polish Mission and worth keeping and if not recommend their disposition.
Financial & Managerial
· Develop fundraising and marketing plans, as needed, in accordance with and consultation with the Advancement Office of the OLS. He/she shall also solicit charitable and supportive donations as may be required for event or project support.
· Create and implement one, three and five-year strategic plans with specific goals and actions, as well as a respective budget. The strategic plan and budget is presented annually to the PMB for its approval and reported to the Board of Regents at their annual meetings.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from a prominent University in a field that is demonstrably in accord with roles and responsibilities described above required. Master’s or Doctorate degree highly preferred.
· Fluency in English and Polish languages required
· Possess extensive knowledge of Polish and Polish American culture and history and keep abreast of major events in Poland and Polonia, but not to become a political activist required
· Familiarity with art, music, and literature required.
· Knowledge of library, archival and museum organization and functions preferred.
· Be a citizen of the United States, or have “Permanent Residency Status/Green Card” granted by the State Dept. legally enabling candidate to work in the U.S., and have lived in the United States for a minimum of three years required.
· Be a practicing Catholic, be a registered member of a Catholic Parish, and adhere to Catholic doctrine required.
· Demonstrate managerial experience, communication, and interpersonal skills required
· Demonstrate involvement in Polish and Polonia events and organizations required
The Orchard Lake Schools consist of three institutions: St. Mary's Prep, Saints Cyril and Methodius Seminary, and the Polish Mission.
"If the Orchard Lake Schools did not exist, it would be necessary to establish them."
--Saint Pope John Paul II--
Other applicants: 20+
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted date: 24 days ago