Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“We will go beyond your expectation without cutting corners to tailor solution best fit for you and your company.”
Job Title: IT Security Splunk Engineer
Location : Vienna VA
Duration: Full Time/Long Term
Clearance Required: Top Secret
Certifications Required: Sec+ OR CISSP OR CEH OR any other Security related certifications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Monitor all vulnerability patch requirement (VPR) sites used for standard security incident tracking.
• Release security incident information to ENG team members for remediation of vulnerabilities.
• Ensures all security patches are implemented in a timely manner and coordinate patching with SEC.
• Administer and manage accounts.
• Write documentation and implementation plans detailing the security posture and the proper security configuration of new software and hardware.
• Evaluate new projects for FISMA and NIST requirements and coordinate with SEC in security technical implementation guides (STIG) making recommendations to Engineering on security measures needed prior to introducing new systems into the production environment.
• Configure, upgrade and maintain the intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS) equipment, signatures and sensors and monitor for new system and security patches.
• Collect and evaluate system logs for all devices and applications, looking for intrusion attempts and report incidents to SEC and IT Engineering Management.
• Provide security group oversight and execution of procurement actions for the ITU.
• Identify and review IPS logs for Security issues and external intrusion detection/attempts.
• Must be able to demonstrate mastery of IT functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
• Must be able to demonstrate mastery of information security procedures and best practices.
• Must be able to apply new developments to previously unsolvable problems.
• Must be able to demonstrate expertise of, and skill in applying, advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices sufficient to develop and interpret policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of services throughout the agency.
• Must be able to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues.
• Must be able to make recommendations that significantly influence important agency IT policies or program.
About our Company: -
Optimize Manpower Solutions, Inc. is the fastest growing staffing company in North America and the only firm of its kind specialized in all type of staffing services. Optimize Manpower Solutions, Inc. with its Headquarters in Newark, DE with presence in 30+ states of the Nation. Optimize Manpower Solutions, Inc. has over 50+ Information Technology & General Staffing Services contracts in place with numerous United States Government and Private sector Agencies.
We help organizations, identify, recruit and select the best talent for either contract or permanent positions. Through effective specifically targeted supplemental staffing services, we help organizations derive more value from their investment and better equip them for the competitive business environment of tomorrow. For more details check us out at http://ompsol.com
Posted date: 13 days ago