Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Sales Representative Jobs in Newark, DE
As one of North America's top fresh produce companies, we’re proud to be one of Canada’s 50 Best-Managed Companies. People expect the world from us and we deliver, bringing them over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries. Our business is managed by a team of professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America.
- Establishes, grows and maintains a customer base for the assigned territory, and sells company products and related services in accordance with established sales targets. Ensures sales revenue is maximized, and maintains growth for key accounts. Builds and maintains effective working relationships in a rapidly changing, high-pressure environment.
- Aggressively builds, establishes and maintains a customer base for the assigned territory. Provides sales support to existing customers, solicits new customers, and makes sales presentations.
- Sells company products and services in accordance with established sales targets. Proactively identifies customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Implements, monitors and achieves department and/or company sales goals, strategies, programs, plans and services. Sets goals to increase sales.
- Prepares and enters sales forecasts in computerized files, and evaluates results. Advises the supervisor of sales status and potential problems in a timely manner.
- Successfully and proactively maintains and develops new client contacts
- Effectively manages time, sets priorities and meets target goals
- Strives to exceed customers’ expectations
- Demonstrates integrity and trust in all activities
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Promotes a customer-focused culture in alignment with the company’s core values, guiding principles, and climate goals
- Degree or diploma in business with a focus on sales and marketing
- DESIRED: specific training in agribusiness marketing or related industry courses
- 3-5 years of successful, proven and direct selling experience in the produce industry, specifically selling to major accounts
- Knowledge of the range of Oppenheimer’s commodities
- Knowledge of the produce retail, wholesale and foodservice market
- Knowledge of the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA)
- Excellent knowledge of sales and marketing techniques
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (beginner), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook (intermediate level).
- Ability to travel
- DESIRED SKILL: Ability to speak Spanish
With our grower partners, we bring over one hundred varieties of fresh produce from more than twenty-five countries, to markets across the U.S., Canada, and beyond. Simply put, Oppy connects fresh fruits and vegetables grown around the world with the people who enjoy them. By serving growers and buyers alike, we streamline this complex transaction around the globe, hundreds of times a day.
We provide our growers with a steady, dependable market that brings them maximum return on their investment and efforts. Oppy works with them, and for them, from seed to sale. With our experience and knowledge of world markets and conditions, we can help them develop innovative new varieties and capitalize on new opportunities for growth. We safeguard product quality and safety, from the fields to the front line.
Simultaneously, we provide our buyers with a consistent stream of quality fresh fruits and vegetables, plus marketing support to help maximize sales. This creates a larger market for the growers, which ends up being good for everybody. Its a win- win-win situation.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Sales Representative jobs in Newark, Delaware:
Outside Sales Representative
Schaeffer Manufacturing (Lubricants and Crop Enhancements) in Elkton, MD
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Industrial Sales Representative - Account Manager NEW!
H.U.N.T Consulting in Wilmington, DE
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing in Newark, DE
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter