Deliverables for Developer / Software Engineer
Start the day off by addressing any issues with nightly build as it relates to your code/component. Attend 15-minute SCRUM (stand-up) meeting with dev, QA, project and product team. Before/after scrum, will be writing and debugging code throughout day. Also, will be very closely collaborating with team members throughout the day on code integration, QA support, and any production escalations that impact your component/code.Essential Job Functions:
- Design and implement large scale software components and systems
- Build, Test, Refactor, and Deploy software components and systems
- Proactive, Team Player, Committed to Agile/XP Process
- Refactor and upgrade existing software components based on new/changing requirements
- Participate in the design and review process as part of the application development team
- Work with multiple teams on component integration, testing and deployment
- Evaluate current and proposed architecture to assess potential failure points and areas for improvement
- Keep abreast of current and emerging software development and deployment methodologies, products and tools such as Membase, Hadoop, HBase, Solr, Azkaban etc.
- Has understanding/working knowledge of Hadoop, HBase, Membase, Solr etc.
- Utilize Hadoop development skills to develop map-reduce pipelines that interface with HBase and Membase
- Utilize Hadoop administration skills to design, deploy and optimize Hadoop Environments.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering, MS preferred.
- At least 7-10 years experience desired in software development using Java.
- Extensive experience (at least 7 years) using Java technologies including J2SE, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, Tomcat, JBOSS, JDBC, XML/XSLT and Web Services (SOAP and WSDL/REST),JMS,Log4j, Hibernate, Apache Jakarta components and other open source software
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate highly desirable.
- At least 5 years of experience with relational databases (especially MySQL)
- Experience with and understanding of core computer science concepts required.
- Experience with and understanding of Unix systems (RHEL) desirable.
- Demonstrable experience with “NoSQL” platforms will be a plus.
- Experience with development and implementation of business and technical requirements is required.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies required.
- Strong problem solving ability with excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills required.
About Open Analytics:
Open Analytics is the premier provider of complex Business Intelligence solutions. We bring 40+ years of advisory and implementation expertise in retail, financial, healthcare, and manufacturing industries that enable clients to dramatically improve decision making across organization through an iterative delivery methodology. Our mission is to provide innovative and engaging Business Intelligence solutions for our customers leveraging industry best practices.
From Mobile Business Intelligence, Analytics and Information management, to Cloud based Business Intelligence solutions--Open Analytics champions platform-independence--making us the preferred choice for companies who need to do more with less--giving them greater accessibility and solutions with less guess-work about which platform or device to start with.
Posted 5 years ago