Position Objective: This position is responsible for eCommerce digital asset production and for ensuring the quality of eCommerce product imagery (photo and video). Partners with merchants, vendors, photo studio contacts and eCommerce business team contacts to secure product imagery. Enhances product imagery content and the user experience of eCommerce through image manipulation, color correction, file naming verification and correction. Resolves image related issues, answers questions as they arise during the production process. Serves as the primary point of contact to provide training and guidance to vendors, photo studio contacts, eCommerce business team contacts and team mates on product image styling standards and the digital asset production process.
Digital Media Processing
- Partners with in-house product development, buying office contacts and eCommerce business team contacts to obtain product color swatches, images and video for use in E-commerce.
- Partners with external vendors to secure vendor created digital assets for products featured on company website. Provides daily support on styling standards and the photo delivery process.
- Creates, Retouches and color corrects eCommerce Product imagery (photos and video) to ensure an accurate depiction of the product and to maximize sales.
- Ensures images are sized, named and moved into system in accordance with styling and process standards.
Digital Asset File Maintenance
- Performs quality control filtering on all imagery (Photo and Video) received from the Photo Studio as well as vendors, work through issues as they arise
- Logs and tracks authored items, vendor imagery (photo and video) and in-house imagery (photo and video)
- Archives digital assets. Organizes digital image files, including vendor photography, video and in-house digital assets.
- Reviews and approves every product image and video to be used by E-commerce for conformity to established standards.
- Reviews the work of team members to ensure quaility standards, provides feedback.
- Resolves image related issues identified through Remedy tickets and reports in a timely manner, reports on progress.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in quality, offers alternative solutions to issues as they are encountered.
Digital Asset Processing Training
- Provides training and guidance to new and existing vendors on product styling standards, production process and image delivery
- Provides training to team mates on image processing and tool use
- Provides training to merchants and business team members on the digital asset production process.
· 1-2 years experience in retail photography processing (motion and still), prepress or image production
· Software proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CS3), Scene 7, Microsoft Office
· Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others, Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain strict deadlines, Effective verbal and written communication skills, Excellent organizational skills
· College degree
· Knowledge of eCommerce web design practices