Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Solid company with great individual growth potential”
The School Business Manager will support the Pathways In Education Assistant Superintendent and Executive Director by serving as a liaison between the accounting department and school leadership to ensure the facilitation of financial information necessary to make sound financial decisions, while still fulfilling instructional needs to the best of the organizations financial capacity.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
· Serve as an expert source of financial information readily available to meet the needs, requests, and deadlines of the Office of the Assistant Superintendent.
· Manage the scheduling of monthly trial balance review meetings and ensure that information is received regularly.
· Manage chartering district financial report deadlines and compliance.
· Serve as a resource to charter development by fielding instructional finance questions during the process of application
· Manage annual budget forecast process and ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner
· Administer recurring budget meetings with school leadership
· Analyze expenses for the month and address any outstanding items.
· Discuss and analyze the proposed additional expenses
· Discuss upcoming chartering district deadlines and ensure that action items are being addressed
· Ensure that all anticipated changes in budget changes reported to accounting.
· Support School leadership in completing requirements and meeting deadlines pertaining to restricted funds as well as ensuring that this information is accurately reported to accounting.
· Calculate break-even requirements in year 1 and ensure that the operational budgets meet or exceed desired revenue margins (ensures that year 1 does not end in the red).
· Determine the annual revenue margin that ensures available funds for loan pay-back
· Develop and maintains loan payback schedules
· Determine the annual revenue margin necessary to fuel our own growth (long-term goals)
· Ensure compliance with accounting standard
· With the support of the accounting analyst, provide training and information to new states regarding reporting of personal expenses, company credit cards, petty cash, etc.
· Perform detailed reviews and analysis of monthly budget trial balances in preparation of monthly budget close meetings.
· Develops and maintains effective internal budgeting controls.
· Manages School property contracts, business contracts, leases and agreements
· Obtain knowledge of various state Average Daily Membership reporting processes, reporting dates and per pupil funding rates accordingly
· Directs, reviews, and evaluates the work of the business office and support staff.
· Directly supervises the Accounting Analyst
· Provides professional development for administrative staff i.e. assistants
· Provides financial data for outside grants and entitlements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
· Ability to develop and foster teamwork and facilitate team dynamics
· Able to gauge team performance and identify areas for growth and improvement
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
· Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
· Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Education and Experience:
· Experience in the budgets and P&L review
· Previous experience as a team lead
· Bachelor degree in Business, Finance preferred
SCHEDULE: MON-FRI 8AM-5PM
PAYRATE: 62,400.00 PER YEAR
Founded in 2001, On Target Staffing has been a dedicated partner in workforce management and recruitment solutions. Our model improves the quality of production and the efficiency of staffing initiatives. With over 25 locations throughout NY, NJ, NC, FL, AZ, & CA we are able to utilize a broader database to ensure the best possible candidates to meet our client's individual needs and demands. Our staff successfully places between 6-10,000 associates on a daily basis for short-term, long-term or temporary to permanent job placement. Our hands-on approach and personal involvement allows us to proudly partner with our clients and share in their success.
We're sending you an email you can use to verify and access your account. If you'd like to create a password, create one here.