• B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other related technical discipline required.
• Minimum 8 years experience in planning, documenting, validating and testing technical solutions in a global enterprise setting.
• Minimum 8 years experience, and Subject Matter Expert on Windows Operating System, preferably 2003, and 2008
• Minimum 5 years experience and Subject Matter Expert on VMware (4.0/5.0) within a large enterprise (VCP Certification preferred).
• Minimum 5 years experience engineering and implementing business process focused on services delivery.
• Minimum 5 years managing vendor relationships and working with professional engagements.
• Candidate must have significant exposure to storage platforms (NetApp, EMC or HP). Technical certifications and designations highly preferred.
• Configure, build, implement, and administer ESX/ESXi Servers including patches and updates, and assist in resolving associated system outages and other incidents.
• Provide support for global Virtual Infrastructure (VmWare), assist with capacity planning, analysis, and monitoring.
• Extensive knowledge of VBlock solutions including setup and configuration for UCS, VNX systems and Cisco Nexus 1KV
• Excellent scripting skills with strong knowledge of VMware PowerCLI. Design automated scripts to improve efficiency, operational stability and operational integrity.
• Design and document new operational processes, in high-availability, high-load environment.
• Knowledge of best practices used in system administration and deployment of Windows 2003/2008 Server OS.
• Experience building and configuring servers required, including Drivers/Firmware, Documentation & Scripting.
• Understanding of networking technology and IP-protocols.
• Strong understanding of security challenges and best practices.
• Experience with designing, planning and testing Disaster Recovery, backup and fail-over scenarios.
• Direct experience working with EMC SAN, and NetApp infrastructures (including both physical and virtualized environments).
• Competence supporting technical aspects of the MS Office platform and toolset as well as with using the applicable tools for daily business activities.
• Experience with Mac and PC platforms and a heterogeneous, integrated environment.
• Proven experience with network and telecom environments including both high and low bandwidth WAN infrastructures.
• Will participate in vetting out new vendor ideas and proposals to ensure applicability and relevance to the client.
• Responsible for executing projects which systemically sunset aging product sets
• Research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility. (Cost avoidance, cost savings or revenue enhancement).
• Candidate must be proficient in building sound business cases and develop ideas that balance the need for best of breed product selection and solution development.
• Responsible for providing L3 support and willingness to participate in off-hour maintenance activities.
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Duration: 12+ months
Compensation: $45.00 - $60.00
About On-Board Services:
On-Board was founded in 1976 by Robert L. Wilson to provide Engineering and Design services for the chemical manufacturing industry in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
Today, On-Board is a thriving privately held family of companies with services ranging from Professional Engineering Services to Staffing and Recruiting services across the United States.
The On-Board family currently includes, three distinct business offerings as part of the organization's Strategic Vision.