• B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other related technical discipline required.
• Minimum 8 years experience in planning, documenting, validating and testing technical solutions in a global enterprise setting.
• Minimum 8 years experience, and Subject Matter Expert on Windows Operating System, preferably 2003, and 2008
• Minimum 5 years experience and Subject Matter Expert on VMware (4.0/5.0) within a large enterprise (VCP Certification preferred).
• Minimum 5 years experience engineering and implementing business process focused on services delivery.
• Minimum 5 years managing vendor relationships and working with professional engagements.
• Candidate must have significant exposure to storage platforms (NetApp, EMC or HP). Technical certifications and designations highly preferred.
• Configure, build, implement, and administer ESX/ESXi Servers including patches and updates, and assist in resolving associated system outages and other incidents.
• Provide support for global Virtual Infrastructure (VmWare), assist with capacity planning, analysis, and monitoring.
• Extensive knowledge of VBlock solutions including setup and configuration for UCS, VNX systems and Cisco Nexus 1KV
• Excellent scripting skills with strong knowledge of VMware PowerCLI. Design automated scripts to improve efficiency, operational stability and operational integrity.
• Design and document new operational processes, in high-availability, high-load environment.
• Knowledge of best practices used in system administration and deployment of Windows 2003/2008 Server OS.
• Experience building and configuring servers required, including Drivers/Firmware, Documentation & Scripting.
• Understanding of networking technology and IP-protocols.
• Strong understanding of security challenges and best practices.
• Experience with designing, planning and testing Disaster Recovery, backup and fail-over scenarios.
• Direct experience working with EMC SAN, and NetApp infrastructures (including both physical and virtualized environments).
• Competence supporting technical aspects of the MS Office platform and toolset as well as with using the applicable tools for daily business activities.
• Experience with Mac and PC platforms and a heterogeneous, integrated environment.
• Proven experience with network and telecom environments including both high and low bandwidth WAN infrastructures.
• Will participate in vetting out new vendor ideas and proposals to ensure applicability and relevance to the client.
• Responsible for executing projects which systemically sunset aging product sets
• Research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility. (Cost avoidance, cost savings or revenue enhancement).
• Candidate must be proficient in building sound business cases and develop ideas that balance the need for best of breed product selection and solution development.
• Responsible for providing L3 support and willingness to participate in off-hour maintenance activities.
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Duration: 12+ months
Compensation: $45.00 - $60.00
About On-Board Services:
In 2001, the ownership and management of On-Board set forth a corporate vision to become the leading provider of professional services in North America. In pursuit of this vision, On-Board will embrace the core values of superior quality and customer service, strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of our service offerings, assemble, develop and retain the best talent in the marketplace.
On-Board's corporate Mission is to provide Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our client's expectations in a safe, responsible and dependable manner consistent with our people and quality principles.