Support/Developer Specialist - Richmond, VA
Contract Role Description
This position will provide primary support and development for a Shop Floor application and related systems running in a 24x7 manufacturing environment. The Shop Floor application (or Manufacturing Execution System) collects and tracks product, process, and quality information through the multi-step manufacturing process. This application also has interfaces with other manufacturing, process control, and business computer systems. There are multiple technologies involved in our MES systems environment, which include multiple interfacing methods.
This position will work day to day with a small support team to deliver reliable MES application services to our manufacturing organization. This work will include providing 1st and 2nd level escalated support for user / system issues involving the Shop Floor application, as well as bug fixes and small enhancements.
This is a 24x7 facility and continued operation is critical, so off-hours support will be required on a rotational basis. Some travel may be required.
• BS in Computer Science or related degree, and/or 2+ years of experience.
• Solid experience with VB6,VB.Net(2003-2010), TSQL, ASP.Net, Windows server 2003-2008, and SQL Server 2000-2012
• Able to work in a 24x7 environment and provide support from home during off-hours
• Able to appropriately prioritize tasks to meet critical business needs
• Capable of working both independently and with teams to resolve issues as quickly as possible
• Self-starter that will look to improve system reliability and prevent future issues
• Good oral and written communication skills including technical documentation and requirements
• Experience in creating windows server applications, GUI design, multi-tier architecture, and Object Oriented programming principles and methodologies.
• US Citizenship
Other useful skills & experience:
• OPC/Control Systems Communications
• SAP and/or interfacing other applications with SAP
• LIMS and lab instrument controls and interfacing
• Supporting an industrial and/or manufacturing environment
Duration: 12+ months
Compensation: $48.00 - $55.00