Posted 2 years ago in Engineering
*Candidates cannot begin an assignment without successful drug & background clearances, including employment & education verification.
*One year contract assignment in Richmond, VA
Our client is seeking a Civil Engineer, Planning and Land Use Engineer, or Environmental Science Engineer with 8-10 years’ experience to fill this position.
Responsibilities: Employee will develop substation site plans; provide oversight of engineering firms with various disciplines which are under contract to develop substation site plans. Communicate progress reports on site development to in house groups such as project management, engineering, permitting and communication department. Obtain governmental approval and permits for site plan. Obtain VDOT entrance road and road crossing permits. Railroad crossing permits and construction permits. Review E & S plans and vendors that provide E & S plans for linear project such as transmission lines.
Education: Civil Engineering, Planning and Land Use, Environmental Science
Year of Experience: 8-10
• Developed and permitted electric substation site plans
• Produced subdivision, topographic, right-of-way, ALTA, RTK, ROV and hydrographic surveys
• Developed site plans for government approval, including traffic analyses, general site layout, hydrology studies, storm sewer, water, sewer, erosion and sediment control, BMP/SWM facilities, roadway infrastructure, earthwork, and environmental permitting
• Presented Right-of-Way surveys at town hearings
• Facilitated feasibility studies, due diligence reports, conceptual planning, zoning support, and special use permit applications
• Directed survey, geotechnical, environmental, engineering, archeological consultants and related design professionals in the preparation and coordination of full site design documents for all phases from pre-design, through schematic and design development to construction documents
• Built effective client/vendor relationships through the timely preparation of proposals and quotations, ensuring proper scoping of services, budget controls, and quality of work
• Generated cost estimates and specific site work specifications.
• Coordinated meetings and correspondence through interdisciplinary team for Clients, government, subs and contractors
MicroStation, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010, Hydraflow, Pondpack, CulvertMaster, FlowMaster, Trimble Geomatics Office, HydroCAD, StormCAD, HYPACK, Microsoft Office, AutoTURN, and “in-house” templates
*Pay rate $50.00
In 2001, the ownership and management of On-Board set forth a corporate vision to become the leading provider of professional services in North America. In pursuit of this vision, On-Board will embrace the core values of superior quality and customer service, strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of our service offerings, assemble, develop and retain the best talent in the marketplace.
On-Board's corporate Mission is to provide Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our client's expectations in a safe, responsible and dependable manner consistent with our people and quality principles.
Browse civil engineer jobs in Richmond, Virginia: