Medical, 401K, Dental, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Rapidly growing small business with tremendous potential”
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an active list of prospects through a variety of methods including (but not limited to) networking, cold calls, referral development and inter-company introductions.
- Once needs and current insurance situation are established, develop quotes and information for clients that will specifically address their situation. Information should be delivered in a consultative, needs-based approach that will focus on value versus price. Solutions may range from off-the-shelf programs to more sophisticated risk management strategies, depending on the needs and scope of the client.
- Generate new business applications for commercial programs ensuring timely submission to carriers. Attention to detail, adherence to underwriting guidelines and persistent follow-up will be critical for proper issuance of policies.
- Field questions from prospects and customers regarding insurance coverage options, policy provisions, discounts and pricing and other information that might be requested.
- Work closely with management team to help achieve premium and retention targets for all lines of selected business.
- Become acquainted with, and a robust user of, the Agency Management System as chosen and installed by the business. This will include attending both live and recorded training sessions as well as independent study and 1-1 training in office.
- Interact with other producers and customer service personnel as needed to help the business consistently meet its growth and service objectives. This may involve assisting with new employees from time to time, helping to train others on the business operating system or sharing successful ideas and processes with the rest of the frontline.
- Assist with client service needs that may include policy changes, billing questions, claims inquiries and assistance, or other tasks as requested. Every employee in the insurance business will share responsibility for creating a unique and positive experience for our clients, prospects and business partners during each interaction.
- Individuals must be goal driven, self-motivated and comfortable with individual accountability while also being collaborative and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Dedicated to delivering exceptional customer care to all prospects and clients of the business.
- Experience in commercial insurance / risk management - OR B2B sales is preferred.
- Applicants should be comfortable with setting sales goals and crafting a detailed business plan to help meet those goals.
- Candidates must have an insurance license or be able to sit for and pass state licensing exams for Property and Casualty lines within 90 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in the insurance industry preferred.
- Able to interact comfortable, both over the phone and in person, with prospects, clients, referral sources and business colleagues both in and outside of the Holman group of companies.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
About Oliver L E Soden Agency:
Established, growth-oriented Risk Management firm specializing in property and casualty risk management and insurance. As an organization, the Soden Agency is dedicated to delivering superior consulting, quality insurance products, and claim services. The family-owned organization was established in 1925 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients manage risk with insurance and non-insurance solutions.