Must be an US citizen,have a green card, or TN1 Requirements
Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical support role with direct customer contact
MUST have experience with Linux and Windows Operating systems
Experience with web server languages: PHP, ASP, .NET,
Experience with Apache, IIS, SQL, MySQL
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good listening skills and extremely empathetic
Able to build strong internal/external business partnerships
Responsive, with a strong attention to detail
Ability to work independently and use resources wisely
Ability to interact in a team environment
Facility with Microsoft office, and common reporting software knowledge preferred
Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills • Participate on cross-functional teams for technology projects, working with developers, Information Technology team, and project managers to identify and develop system-specific requirements and processes.
• Administer daily operations of servers including log review with escalation, patch & upgrade applications, manage backup & restoration implementation and testing.
• Install, configure, and manage multiple Linux systems in a distributed High Availability configuration on physical and virtual hardware.
• Study existing Linux server systems and evaluate effectiveness, develop new systems and processes to improve production and workflow as required.
• Supporting employees at multiple locations remotely. Excellent phone & customer service skills are a must.
• Conduct regularly scheduled tasks in support of technical audits and security compliance activities.
• Write and maintain technical procedures, documentation of systems to maintain knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for system administration.