A Medical Center in the Nashville, TN area is seeking a Director of Quality / Risk Management. The Quality/Risk Management Director leads and directs quality and patient safety activities and resources.
- Develops and implements systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of quality, risk and/or patient safety information. Collects, evaluates, and maintains data concerning injuries, complaints, claims, and/or other patient safety-related data.
- Educates and trains the leadership, staff and physicians as to the quality and patient safety program and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the program. Advises departments on designing quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, policies and protocols within their own departments.
- 5 years of experience at least in one or more of the following fields: risk management, quality improvement, health information management, healthcare administration, business administration, legal support or insurance claims investigation, and settlement or patient care.
- Must have a BSN or Bachelor in public health policy, or a related clinical or allied health field.
- Current valid Tennessee or Compact-State Registered Nurse license required.
- Certification in risk and quality (i.e., CPHQ, CPHRM) required.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Improvement Science both in theory and practice.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and accreditation standards.
Keywords: director of quality, director of risk, director of risk management, director of quality assurance, quality assurance, risk management, patient safety, quality manager, risk manager