NSC is recruiting for a National ship repair company in need of 1st class Outside Machinist. Long term work, benefits, top pay, overtime and per diem are available for qualified candidates.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Technically proficient in tasks, work processes, and equipment operation.
- Accountable for completion of daily work assignments in safety, quality, schedule, and budget.
- Works under limited direct supervision.
- Creates and maintains a working environment for compliant with quality, safety, environmental, and health regulations and policies.
- Knowledge of equipment, work processes and techniques used for outside machine operations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, job specifications, instruction manuals, manufacturer’s handbooks, change orders, and contract specifications.
- Must understand metric to English and English to metric conversions.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements.
- Overhauls and repairs mechanical equipment as required.
- Sets up and uses rigging equipment such as chain falls, ratchet hoists, lifting straps, shackles, eye bolts, and cables.
- Make sketches and drawings used for instruction of lower class machinists and/or construction of parts required for the job.
- Prepare and install proper lockout/tagout to protect work.
- Measures and fits metal and/or resin chocks for large machinery such as generators, main engines, reduction gears, etc.
- Installs and aligns main propulsion units, diesel/steam turbines, propellers, shafts and other major auxiliary shipboard equipment.
- Final alignment of pumps, motors, shafts, prop shafts, reduction gears, main engines, etc. without assistance.
- Through departmental provided training and literature, become totally proficient in the work process of Hand Rigging, as well as disassembly/inspection/reassembly for MAIN PROPULSION AND STEERING GEAR (including Rudder) SYSTEMS.
- Ability to work any assigned shift and ability to work assigned overtime.
- May be assigned tasks outside craft as required.
- Must comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be business like and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment.
NSC Technologies is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V/SO
Posted 3 years ago