Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Pediatric or Family Nurse Practitioner- Epilepsy
Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group
Northern NJ- Hackensack
The Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group is an epilepsy specialty practice with multiple locations throughout NY/NJ. We are looking to add a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner interested in providing comprehensive care to epilepsy patients in both an inpatient and outpatient setting. This NP will serve in an expanded role to assess, diagnose and treat new and established epilepsy patients. The NP will demonstrate autonomy through patient evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and follow- up care. The NP will order diagnostic testing as deemed necessary and remains proficient in interpreting results, gathering the data necessary in implementing the diagnostic and therapeutic plans of the physician. The role will consist of prescribing appropriate medication regimens within the scope of practice of the NP. Communication with patients and referring health care providers in a collaborative manner and will be undertaken in cooperation with nursing, staff physicians, and other departmental staff. This role consists of the NP managing inpatients as required and assisting in the smooth, efficient operation of the outpatient clinic. Major roles for this position will include providing acute episodic care, continuity of care, and advocacy for all practice patients.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the physician with inpatients and outpatients by:
- Performing complete history and physical examinations on patients within the outpatient clinic and the medical centers
- Performing the general workup of the patient to include ordering appropriate diagnostic imaging, laboratory tests, interpretation of the studies and gathering the appropriate data for decision making
- Clearly discriminates between abnormal and normal findings when evaluating the history, physical examination and laboratory tests. Identify patient problems and develop further treatment plans and modalities in concert with the supervising physician
- Makes complete entries in the EMR utilizing evidence- based practice
- Prescribes, adjusts or discontinues medications, treatments, studies as appropriate
- Communicates with patients, PCP and referring health care providers in the appropriate format and a collaborative manner
- Provides counseling, education and instruction to patients and their families regarding their diagnosis and treatment plans
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as indicated by the NP’s experience and as directed and supervised by the supervising physician(s)
- Makes routine rounds and documents findings on inpatients as assigned, identifying and addressing all current problems. Any changes concerning the patient’s condition or care will be discussed with the attending physician
- Assists with discharge planning and performs discharge summaries as required
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Must obtain and maintain BLS, ACLS, NJ RN and APN licensure, DEA, CDS
- Travel to medical centers and offices as designated
- Demonstrates computer literacy and familiarity with EMR charting
Neuroscience Nursing and Critical Care experience preferred
Both outpatient and inpatient settings
The successful NP candidate will work in collaboration with the physicians and nursing team and have a certificate of completion from an accredited program for Nurse Practitioners that allows the NP to work with the patient populations and in the settings associated with this position. Must be eligible for licensure as a nurse practitioner in the state of NJ.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Our epilepsy program was founded in 1998 with the goals of providing exceptional medical quality and care to those living in the Northeast of the USA. Our guiding principle has always been to develop our services around patient needs.
In order to accomplish exceptional medical quality, we assembled some of the most talented physicians from around the country, recruiting only board certified neurologists who had completed specialty training at the top American academic epilepsy centers. We provide round the clock, seven day-a- week availability to patients by these highly trained epilepsy doctors (never by doctors in training). We also placed our epilepsy experts close to where patients live rather than expecting patients to travel to them.
Company address: 20 Prospect Ave Hackensack, NJ 07601
Posted date: 16 hours ago