Our Federal Team
Our Federal team is responsible for developing and implementing complex energy savings performance contracting projects for Federal Government facilities nationwide. Our talented team produces complex financial and technical proposals that are comprehensive and meet each customer’s unique requirements. Our Senior Proposal Writers work collaboratively with our project teams to produce superior proposals that offer best value to our clients.
As a Senior Proposal Writer, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Develop proposal response strategy by identifying and clarifying requirements and evaluation criteria, studying solicitation documents, and attending proposal team meetings.
- Create competitive proposal content and assist in writing, revising, and editing executive summaries, technical solution descriptions, technical approaches, and organization credentials that satisfies all requirements of the solicitation and thoroughly addresses the evaluation criteria.
- Meet deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinate requirements with content contributors; contribute proposal status information to proposal team review meetings.
- Gather required proposal information by identifying sources of information and conducting interviews of subject matter experts and converting that information into written proposal responses.
- Select and/or develop graphics and figures (photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts) to express technical and management processes and improve the readability of the proposal.
- Maintain templates, follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintain proposal support content databases.
- Obtain internal Quality Control approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes for continuous process and content improvement.
- Work with project development staff to improve writing skills.
This is our preferred background for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- 5 + years experience in proposal writing, technical writing, or related materials content development
- Ability to interpret solicitation requirements and to work with subject matter experts to produce relevant content
- Superior skills in writing, proofreading, and editing with an appreciation for goals and objectives in competitive proposals
- Knowledge of the energy industry preferred
- The ability to travel and attend proposal team meetings across the country
- Graphic design and development and deliverable layout skills
- Proficiency in MS Office software and Visio graphics software or equivalent
NORESCO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply. NORESCO maintains a drug free workplace. M/F/V/D.