“Do you want to thrive in an environment that truly rewards success through a very generous benefits package that includes profit sharing?”
Plan, direct, and coordinate the efficient operation of the quality function of an Oriented Strand Board Mill. Duties and responsibilities include formulating lab policies, managing daily procedures, and planning the use of raw materials in the composition of Oriented Strand Board.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinates raw material deliveries with CSX and suppliers ensuring raw material is available to operate the mill while meeting the mills financial budgets
· Develop and maintain lab procedures and checklists
· Verify and calibrate lab equipment
· Analyze data collected using statistical techniques
· Ensures blenders are clean
· Ensures filters are clean
· Maintains moisture meters, thickness gauge and blow detector
· Ensures the accurate adjustment of moisture meters
· Ensures the formula of wax and resin meets the customers and Norbord’s specifications and adjusts as required
· Provides hands on and technical support for the mill and manufacturing processes
· Ensures the efficient scheduling of the CSX tank car
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years manufacturing experience OR 10 years of manufacturing management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience
· Thorough knowledge of manufacturing OSB including blending, forming, pressing, finishing and testing
· Thorough knowledge of statistical concepts and application
· Thorough knowledge of quality systems and test methods
· Thorough knowledge of physical properities and application
· Leadership — ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
· Engaging others — ability to set and achieve achieve goals through others
· Innovation — demonstrates creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems
Specialized knowledge or skills needed:
· Functional / Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
· Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
· Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
· Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
· Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people - up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
The incumbent will divide their time between an office setting and operational setting which may include, hot, cold, wet and humid conditions. The incumbent may be periodically required to work extended or varied hours in order to accomplish tasks.
This position has direct reports. Leadership is a key requirement for success in this role.
Norbord Inc. is an international producer of wood-based panels Headquartered out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Norbord Operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the United States, Europe and Canada. We manufacture Oriented Strand Board in the United States, Canada and Europe. In addition, we manufacture MDF, particleboard and furniture in Europe.
At Norbord, a commitment to safety, quality and customer service has earned us a reputation as a leading producer of wood based panels. As demand for Norbord’s products grow, we continually seek bright and talented people in all areas of our business. With competitive salaries and benefits and company profit-sharing, Norbord offers one of the strongest and innovative compensation packages in the industry.
Norbord is committed to providing its employees with the training, skills, and opportunity to achieve their highest potential. Norbord offers the opportunity to excel, express ideas, and make a profound impact within our team driven organization.
If you are a team player who takes pride in a job well done and want to make a real impact at the place you work, look into a career with Norbord. You will like what you see.