“Do you want to thrive in an environment that truly rewards success through a very generous benefits package that includes profit sharing?”
In general, all Maintenance Technician roles are required to plan and perform all maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; diagnose problems and work in many varied and diversified capacities required in general maintenance, overhaul, and repair of plant equipment processes and facilities. Periodically perform or assist others in routine to moderately complex repairs or installation of automatic electrical and electronic controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work involves a complete range and wide variety of duties involving diversified and difficult work using technical electronic diagnostics, computer equipment, and a variety of precision instruments; requiring much care to effectively and efficiently diagnose, dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble or otherwise work on general maintenance.
Diagnose causes of malfunctions by sight, sound, or actions of machinery and equipment.
Start, observe, operate, or otherwise activate equipment to detect or verify correction of malfunction.
Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventive maintenance. Tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
Adjust mechanisms such as feed, speed, power input or output.
Operate various mechanical and electronic test equipment.
Specific knowledge of pumps, conveyer systems, motors and drives is required in the performance of regular or assigned duties.
Remain current in technical changes or equipment designs by attending classes as needed
Work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as scheduled or required.
Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment and completing all required training.
Education and Experience
· Minimum High School or GED required
· Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, and pumps required
· Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors required
· Experience reading blueprints required
· Three (3) years or more of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing heavy equipment required
· Experience with fabrication, cutting with a torch, and welding with an arc welder required
· Experience in a manufacturing environment required
· Experience troubleshooting & repairing hydraulics & pneumatics systems and reading hydraulic schematics preferred
· Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
· Experience performing lubrication preventative maintenance and troubleshooting lubrication related failures preferred
· A combination of higher education and experience will be taken into consideration
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform these roles. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human Resources.
Minimum qualifications include:
· Eligible to legally work in the United States
· High School diploma or equivalent education
· Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include nights, weekends and holidays
· Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis as required
· Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
· Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills
· Consistent, predictable attendance
Specialized knowledge or skills needed for promotion into certain roles:
· Ability to maintain all equipment in assigned area
· Ability to enhance or improve processes and procedures
· Ability to pass a respirator fit test and pulmonary function test
All roles require a person to work in working conditions such as heat, cold, snow, rain, ice, frost, humidity, severe storms and so forth. Special working conditions include regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working as a team regardless of challenge, and so forth. Exposure to noise, dirt, grease, water and sawdust is common.
· Standing/walking – working on feet standing or walking constantly
· Pushing/pulling – may be required to push/pull up to 200 lb. logs dependent upon individual strength. (Can get help in many cases)
· Climbing – frequent climbing up and down from lift truck/ladders/stairs and such
· Lifting – lifting up to 50 lbs. (from floor to shoulder height); lifting up to 75 lbs. (can get help in many cases)
· Carrying up to 50 lbs. at least 40 feet
· Able to reach at various angles on a regular basis
· Able to grasp lightweight material (less than 5 lbs.) on a regular basis
· Stooping and bending on a regular basis
· Kneeling/crawling on a regular basis
· Able to navigate catwalks
· Able to work at heights up to 150 feet above the ground
· Able to work in confined spaces
Position is non-exempt. Rate of pay is DOE and Pre-Employment Assessment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Norbord Inc. is an international producer of wood-based panels Headquartered out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Norbord Operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the United States, Europe and Canada. We manufacture Oriented Strand Board in the United States, Canada and Europe. In addition, we manufacture MDF, particleboard and furniture in Europe.
At Norbord, a commitment to safety, quality and customer service has earned us a reputation as a leading producer of wood based panels. As demand for Norbord’s products grow, we continually seek bright and talented people in all areas of our business. With competitive salaries and benefits and company profit-sharing, Norbord offers one of the strongest and innovative compensation packages in the industry.
Norbord is committed to providing its employees with the training, skills, and opportunity to achieve their highest potential. Norbord offers the opportunity to excel, express ideas, and make a profound impact within our team driven organization.
If you are a team player who takes pride in a job well done and want to make a real impact at the place you work, look into a career with Norbord. You will like what you see.
Norbord is an equal opportunity employer