“Do you want to thrive in an environment that truly rewards success through a very generous benefits package that includes profit sharing?”
In general, the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is a front-line leadership position responsible for managing labor requirements and maintenance (preventive, predictive and unscheduled) of all mill equipment and machinery. This position leads maintenance teams with a strong emphasis on safety, quality and efficiency. The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor relies on leadership abilities, in conjunction with a continuous improvement/preventive maintenance mindset in order to support and promote excellence as established in the company vision, mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Planning work priorities for both day shift and shift tradesmen in conjunction with the production work teams.
· Planning and coordinating work with contractors to maximize uptime, reduce costs and improve quality.
· The ability to facilitate the development, implementation and continuous improvement of our Standard Operating Procedures by educating, training, monitoring and proactively coaching team members.
· Participating in the development of the department budget and long-term budgeting and planning.
· Identifying potential causes of accidents, completing safety/housekeeping inspections and resolving individual and team issues.
· Promoting mutual collaboration with operational personnel is an important consideration of this position.
Education and Experience
· Minimum 2 year degree
· Minimum of 5+ years manufacturing experience as a Journeyman Millwright, Electrician, HD Mechanic or Machinist, with 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
· Advanced communication skills (both verbal and written) are a requirement.
· Experience reading blueprints required
· Excellent working knowledge of an industrial environment and strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary.
· Proven ability to Coach and Mentor front line associates.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office is considered an asset.
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform these roles. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human Resources.
Minimum qualifications include:
· Eligible to legally work in the United States
· 2 Year Degree or significant industry experience in leadership capacity
· Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include nights, weekends and holidays
· Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis as required
· Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
All roles require a person to work in working conditions such as heat, cold, snow, rain, ice, frost, humidity, severe storms and so forth. Special working conditions include regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working as a team regardless of challenge, and so forth. Exposure to noise, dirt, grease, water and sawdust is common.
· Standing/walking – working on feet standing or walking constantly
· Pushing/pulling – may be required to push/pull up to 200 lb. logs dependent upon individual strength. (Can get help in many cases)
· Climbing – frequent climbing up and down from lift truck/ladders/stairs and such
· Lifting – lifting up to 50 lbs. (from floor to shoulder height); lifting up to 75 lbs. (can get help in many cases)
· Carrying up to 50 lbs. at least 40 feet
· Able to reach at various angles on a regular basis
· Able to grasp lightweight material (less than 5 lbs.) on a regular basis
· Stooping and bending on a regular basis
· Kneeling/crawling on a regular basis
· Able to navigate catwalks
· Able to work at heights up to 150 feet above the ground
· Able to work in confined spaces
Position is exempt. Rate of pay is DOE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Norbord Inc. is an international producer of wood-based panels Headquartered out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Norbord Operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the United States, Europe and Canada. We manufacture Oriented Strand Board in the United States, Canada and Europe. In addition, we manufacture MDF, particleboard and furniture in Europe.
At Norbord, a commitment to safety, quality and customer service has earned us a reputation as a leading producer of wood based panels. As demand for Norbord’s products grow, we continually seek bright and talented people in all areas of our business. With competitive salaries and benefits and company profit-sharing, Norbord offers one of the strongest and innovative compensation packages in the industry.
Norbord is committed to providing its employees with the training, skills, and opportunity to achieve their highest potential. Norbord offers the opportunity to excel, express ideas, and make a profound impact within our team driven organization.
If you are a team player who takes pride in a job well done and want to make a real impact at the place you work, look into a career with Norbord. You will like what you see.
Norbord is an equal opportunity employer