Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Do you want to thrive in an environment that truly rewards success through a very generous benefits package that includes profit sharing?”
In general, all Electrical Technician roles are required to repair, install, replace, program and test all electrical circuits, and equipment. Periodically perform or assist others in routine to moderately complex repairs or installation of automatic electrical and electronic controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform routine electrical/electronic preventative maintenance on mill equipment
· Responsible for the repair, modification and maintenance of a variety of electrical and electronic equipment
· Perform tasks like wiring circuits, replacing components and repairing electronic devices
· Performs test reading using several different instruments, including multi-meter and Megger.
· Remain current in technical changes or equipment designs by attending classes as needed.
· Work rotating shifts, which includes nights, holidays, weekends and overtime as scheduled or required.
· Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment and completing all required training.
Education and Experience
Roles and Levels
The title of Electrical Technician universally encompasses all the roles involved in the actual maintenance operations. Assignment to a specific portion of the production process is normal, to allow for employees to grow through our “Pay for Skills” program (demonstrated skills result in designation of grade levels).
Normal daily operations areas:
· Heat Energy
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform these roles. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human Resources.
Minimum qualifications include:
Specialized knowledge or skills needed for promotion into certain roles:
All roles require a person to work in working conditions such as heat, cold, snow, rain, ice, frost, humidity, severe storms and so forth. Special working conditions include regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working as a team regardless of challenge, and so forth. Exposure to noise, dirt, grease, water and sawdust is common.
· Standing/walking – working on feet standing or walking constantly
· Pushing/pulling – may be required to push/pull up to 200 lb. logs dependent upon individual strength. (Can get help in many cases)
· Climbing – frequent climbing up and down from lift truck/ladders/stairs and such
· Lifting – lifting up to 50 lbs. (from floor to shoulder height); lifting up to 75 lbs. (can get help in many cases)
· Carrying up to 50 lbs. at least 40 feet
· Able to reach at various angles on a regular basis
· Able to grasp lightweight material (less than 5 lbs.) on a regular basis
· Stooping and bending on a regular basis
· Kneeling/crawling on a regular basis
· Able to navigate catwalks
· Able to work at heights up to 150 feet above the ground
Norbord Inc. is an international producer of wood-based panels Headquartered out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Norbord Operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the United States, Europe and Canada. We manufacture Oriented Strand Board in the United States, Canada and Europe. In addition, we manufacture MDF, particleboard and furniture in Europe.
At Norbord, a commitment to safety, quality and customer service has earned us a reputation as a leading producer of wood based panels. As demand for Norbord’s products grow, we continually seek bright and talented people in all areas of our business. With competitive salaries and benefits and company profit-sharing, Norbord offers one of the strongest and innovative compensation packages in the industry.
Norbord is committed to providing its employees with the training, skills, and opportunity to achieve their highest potential. Norbord offers the opportunity to excel, express ideas, and make a profound impact within our team driven organization.
If you are a team player who takes pride in a job well done and want to make a real impact at the place you work, look into a career with Norbord. You will like what you see.
Norbord is an equal opportunity employer