The Archdiocese Office Manager is a professional administrator who can maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Reporting to the Archbishop, he/she will provide support and work with the Archdiocese Clergy, Archdiocese Executive Council and Parish Councils according to the Archdiocesan policies and guidelines, and will oversee all activates of the main archdiocese office. Salary is based on the candidate’s experience.
· General office administration (phone, copier and computer) and follow-ups with Parish Councils, AEC and parishioners as needed.
· Manage all communications:
o Check and respond to all emails;
o Develop required letters, distribute and follow up as needed;
o Organize and send bulk mailings;
o Responding to or screening and routing all incoming calls.
· Greet visitors and direct them accordingly.
· Prepare new members information packets and coordinate receptions.
· Order and maintain office supplies, office equipment and work with vendors as required.
· Develop presentations and manage multi-media equipment.
· Keep Archdiocese records as assigned.
· Prepare annual reports and manage annual Archdiocese Appeal.
· Assist in creating, managing, printing and distributing the church annual calendar.
· Assist in creation and distribution of the weekly Sunday Word.
· Maintain Archdiocese website by posting up-to-date communications.
· Maintain Archdiocese database of parishioners’ contacts.
· Organize and maintain a master calendar of all Archdiocese activities and events taking place in Archdiocese facility.
· Provide administrative support to all Archdiocese committees:
o Document agendas, attend meetings and record minutes as required.
o Coordinate meetings, lunches and other Archdiocese center activities.
o Set up counseling meetings and other appointments.
o Coordinate travel arrangements for the Archbishop and Archdiocese events.
· Arrange for work to be done before leaving for vacation or while in training.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 3 – 5 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Office Manager.
· Multi-lingual -excellent command of the English language, Syriac and Arabic a plus, Turkish helpful.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Self-starter, strong organizational, planning, multitasking and time-management skills.
· Ability to work independently without supervision.
· Strong computer skills are imperative: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, email is a must.
· Website content management, database, social media (Facebook, Twitter), Microsoft Publisher-helpful.
· Presentation (such as PowerPoint) and multimedia-equipment skills.
· Accounting skills-helpful.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
· Should always exhibit professionalism demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teaching ability, accountability and maintain confidentiality.
· Able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
· Able to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
· Willing to travel occasionally as the need arises.
· Exercise discernment and wise judgement.
· Extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
· Willingness to seek new information, training and resources as needed.
HOURS: Monday - Friday (Salaried – 40 hours per week) Weekend hours may also be required depending on church programs and events.