“Join the Team with over 100 Years of Excellence This year, Nitta Gelatin celebrates its 100th anniversary as a global leader in the collage”
Primarily the Application/Food Scientist develops applications using collagen peptides and gelatin. They must keep pace with market trends while satisfying customer created projects. The application scientist must also support other areas of the company and the Director of R&D as needed:
· Developing formulations according to market trends and customer needs
· Producing bench-top prototypes for customer presentations or trade shows
· Maintain the Morrisville application lab, sample inventory, confection room, pilot room, and storage areas in a professional condition.
· Optimizing formulations for customers
· Receive and fill sales sample requests.
· Manage the company’s presence at food shows.
· Formulate interesting application samples to exhibit.
· Become a technical resource for the sales team.
· Accompany the sales team to customers as needed.
· Coordinate and develop customer presentations.
· Conduct lab experimentation.
· Properly record all activities.
· Present findings as needed.
· Facilitate the work of other departments. As such, the abilities to communicate clearly, multi-task, and problem solve through educated discussion are attributes of qualified candidate.
· Have the ability to make and give technical presentations.
· Report directly to the Director of R&D and must properly record and report all activities. These records should always be kept up to date and be available. Regular meetings with Director of R&D are required to manage projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
· B.S. degree in Food Science or related field
· Excellent communication skills required.
· Extensive knowledge of government regulations as related to human resources.
· 1 - 3 years application or product experience in the food industry
· Travel requirement is approximately 15% annually. This travel is primarily domestic but with production facilities in Canada, India, Japan and elsewhere, international travel may be occasionally required.
· Must have experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
· Must be able to work in a kitchen/lab environment, follow work instructions and recipes, learn and operate scientific equipment, problem solve new application work
· Must understand work hazards, food safety and food nutrition
About Nitta Gelatin:
Over 100 Years In the Industry In 2018, Nitta Gelatin Inc. celebrates its centennial anniversary as a trusted supplier of superior gelatin and collagen products to the global marketplace. Named for its founder, Chojiro Nitta, Nitta Gelatin traces its roots back to a small gelatin and glue manufacturing facility in Osaka, Japan. Through an unwavering dedication to customer service and emphasis on innovative technologies, Nitta Gelatin Inc. has expanded its footprint, with multiple production and R&D facilities across the globe.
Nitta Gelatin North America + Vyse Gelatin Nitta Gelatin NA, located in Morrisville, North Carolina, serves as the North American headquarters for the company. Nitta Gelatin NA has been providing the highest quality food, pharmaceutical & technical gelatins to the North American market since its establishment in 1979. As part of the Nitta Gelatin, Inc. group, we specialize in the production of bovine, porcine and fish gelatins and collagen peptides, for use in a variety of applications including food, nutritional, pharmaceutical, cosmeceutical & technical. Utilizing our technical expertise and over a century of know-how, we provide our customers with leading-edge R&D, exceptional technical service, and consistently high-quality products. We expanded our product portfolio and capabilities in 2016, with the addition of Vyse Gelatin to the Nitta Gelatin, Inc. family. Based out of Chicago, Vyse Gelatin joins us with over 90 years of experience in the gelatin and collagen peptide industry, along with custom blending technologies to meet even the most unique customer specifications.