$28.67 to $32.52 Hourly
Medical, Dental, Vision
NITELINES USA, INC. IS CURRENTLY LOOKING TO FILL A PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT JOB LOCATED AT VANDENBERG AFB. ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT RESUMES AND QUALIFICATIONS TO FAX 844-243-7813
- Current resume
- LPTA license
- CPR / BLS
- Valid ID
DUTIES: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a full range of physical therapy assistant services, including the services given below, as directed by the supervising physical therapist.
- Carry out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as directed by the head physical therapist. Under supervision, administer such treatment as exercise, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, diathermy, ultrasound, paraffin, ice packs and traction. Instruct patients_ on segments of the program including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
- Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improve functional activities, such as pre-ambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily-living activities.
- Observe patients during treatments and compile and evaluate data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and report orally or in writing to the physical therapist.
- Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confer with members of the physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs. Coordinate with other departments and the clinic staff to provide complete care to patients. Act as a liaison with nursing, medical staff, and other therapists to facilitate problem solving and coordination of services. Act as educational resource.
- Perform administrative duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, filling out forms, scheduling patients, and staffing the reception area.
- Measure patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist physical therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- Monitor treatments administered by physical therapy aides.
- Administrative tasks as necessary related patient care.
- Maintain and care for department equipment and supplies and storage. Maintain department records and files in accordance with facility policies. Perform coding of patient encounters and workload.
- Graduate from a Physical Therapy Assistant program accredited by The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Current, valid State license as a Physical Therapy Assistant in any one fo the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- One year of experience within the last 36 months.
HOURS: Between 7:00 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday; excluding Federal holidays. No overtime and no weekend work or on call hours is authorized.
BENEFITS: - Competitive salary, PTO, Eleven Paid Holidays, Health Insurance.
PTO (Health & Welfare EO) Employees with 1 hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to 56 hours of paid sick leave each year. Employees must be permitted to use paid sick leave for their own illness, injury or other health-related needs, including preventive care; to assist a family member (or person who is like family to the employee) who is ill, injured, or has other health-related needs, including preventive care; or for reasons resulting from, or to assist a family member (or person who is like family to the employee) who is the victim of, domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
About Nitelines USA, Inc:
What we do...
A diversified Medical, Technical and Operational Support Agency for all types of Government Agencies across the USA. We employ various technical and professional medical personnel, as well as management and administrative personnel who have proven experience, meet educational requirements, and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on being supportive and responsive to all our employees.
Established in 1994, NiteLines USA has successfully delivered contract support services to more than 144 government institutions and Medical treatment facilities across the country.