NiteLines USA, Inc. is looking to fill a Health Information Technology - Technical Business Analyst position
The Health Information Technology (HIT) HL7 Technical Business Analyst is responsible for providing technical assistance to ensure all parties and systems are in compliance with security, HIPPA privacy rules and HL7 process under the direction of the HIT Project Manager (PM) & HIT Program Director.
- Lead Technical Adviser will review and provide technical leadership to ensure that all parties and systems are in compliance with the security, HIPPA privacy rules and all other technical requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate business requirement sessions with the stakeholders to gather and compile user requirements for the electronic standard.
- Participate in all Federal and State working standard sessions for existing standards and develop reference data models.
- Assist with conducting an environmental scan of existing standards, track deliverables and conduct status meetings with all entities.
- Assist the technical team with the planned tasks and meetings to create the data modeling, standard design and face-to-face engagements with other States.
- Participate in eLTSS TEFT components Community of Practice, Workgroup and Vendor meetings.
- Gather all project information: schedules, data requests, assignments, tasks, and project meetings for the State workgroup, CMS, ONC and Vendor.
- Work with project team to understand and assist with tracking all work, task and project assignments.
- Work with Project Manager, assist in developing a comprehensive workflow process for project.
- Monitor and modify project schedule as assigned.
- Maintain document control, database management, track project activities and team communication.
- Assist project team and team lead in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting notes.
- Schedule project follow up meetings as needed.
- Develop and publish communications to project shareholders.
- Develop and review project status and reports.
- Coordinate the analysis, design, construction, testing, implementation, operation, and support of information systems as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HL7 fundamental knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize time and resources among primary projects of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future trends and issues that should be addressed to meet goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to seek feedback when necessary to determine status of ongoing projects or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate organizational goals to staff.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the documentation process.
- Problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Knowledge of current trends, standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of technology changes and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to research current hardware/software technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate new technology for compatibility with current system, processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration OR related fields
- Associate degree or vocational certificate
- Previous HL7 Fundamental Knowledge
- Hands on experience with MS Office
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Note: Some positions may substitute experience for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Working knowledge of how to read the most widely used HL7 standard.
- Strong operational, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Project or a scheduling system
- Experience working in a progressively changing environment
- Experience working in state government
This is a time-limited position and will end March 31, 2018
About Nitelines USA, Inc:
What we do...
A diversified Medical, Technical and Operational Support Agency for all types of Government Agencies across the USA. We employ various technical and professional medical personnel, as well as management and administrative personnel who have proven experience, meet educational requirements, and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on being supportive and responsive to all our employees.
Established in 1994, NiteLines USA has successfully delivered contract support services to more than 144 government institutions and Medical treatment facilities across the country.