$19.57 to $23.28 Hourly
NITELINES USA, INC. IS CURRENTLY LOOKING TO FILL A DENTAL ASSISTANT JOB. ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT RESUMES AND CREDENTIALS TO FAX: 844-243-7814
Place of Performance
9595 W. Quincy Ave.
Littleton, Colorado 80123
Services will be performed in the dental office located within the Health Services Department of the FCI and the FDC.
30 hours per week; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday; excluding Federal holidays. Between 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (The anticipated schedule includes a 30 minute non-paid lunch break.) The schedule may be adjusted to meet the dental service needs; must be flexible with hours.
Benefits: Competitive salary, insurance, PTO / Vacation accrual.
Education and Experience
The Dental Assistant shall possess specialty training from a licensed dentist and/or certification from an accredited Dental Assistant school. Training must include dental radiology and radiology safety. The Dental Assistant shall maintain current certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with the with the basic life support authority and have a minimum of two (2) years of experience providing Dental Assistant services. Bilingual oral communication skills and experience in a clinical correctional setting are desirable, but not mandatory. The contractor must provide evidentiary documentation of required certification. Required Documentation includes:
- Verification of professional licensure
- Proof of Insurance
- Verification of certification in CPR
- Valid Photo ID
Description of Duties
The contractor(s) is responsible for provision of the services as listed:
- Assists Dental Officer in dental specialty sections: restorative, oral surgery, periodontics, prosthetics, and examinations, to include the triage of patient care for the expressed purpose of assisting the Dental Officer with appointment flow.
- Retrieve patient's records and escorts patients to proper dental specialty section; seats and prepares patient for attending Dental Officer
- Assists Dental Officer by preparing dental instruments, essential materials, drugs, and medications
- Passes instruments, retracts tissues, irrigates oral cavity, and operates aspirator
- Observes patient's responses, and assists patient for dismissal from the Dental Clinic
- Gives instructions for subsequent dental appointments
- Makes necessary entries on dental treatment records (both electronic and paper records)
- Prepares dental treatment room for the next patient
- Assists in the treatment of emergency cases.
- Provides dental health education
- Dental prophylaxis
- Dental screening examination
- Preparation of patients for periodontal surgery
- Dental and periodontal charting
- Prepares places, and removes packs
- Places temporary fillings
- Places and removes rubber dams
- Maintains dental equipment
- Cleans, sharpens, and sterilizes instruments
- Performs daily inspection of equipment and makes minor repairs
- Reports defective equipment, or utilizes corrective action
- Performs routine oral prophylaxis of the clinical crowns of teeth
- Uses dental hand instruments, mechanical instruments (including ultrasonic), oral hygiene aides and prophylaxis paste to provide necessary oral prophylactic services
- Prepares entries for patient's records
- Selects and applies medication in proper portion and anti-cariogenic agents to surface of teeth Applies medication prescribed by a Dental Officer to gingiva to promote healing
- Fabricates and repairs dental prosthesis and appliances under supervision
- Performs procedures pursuant to fabrication and repair of complete denture prosthesis and removable partial prosthesis
- Uses acrylic resins and porcelain as basic materials
- Takes radiographs of patients using standard and digital dental radiographic, panelipse, cephalometric, and transcranial equipment
- Obtains diagnostic quality periapical, occlusal, lateral, jaw, TMJ, and panographic radiographs
- Correctly positions patient and film
- Determines level of radiation intensity to minimize radiation exposure of patients
- Processes and saves digital radiographs to patient medical records
- Performs quality assurances on radiographic and developing equipment and safelight
- Maintains proper infection control procedures in radiographic techniques
- Sterilizes contaminated biological waste of dental clinic
- Places and finishes dental restorations, including bases and liners
- Make primary impressions and pours casts
- Selects tooth shade for composite restorations and dentures
About Nitelines USA, Inc:
What we do...
A diversified Medical, Technical and Operational Support Agency for all types of Government Agencies across the USA. We employ various technical and professional medical personnel, as well as management and administrative personnel who have proven experience, meet educational requirements, and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on being supportive and responsive to all our employees.
Established in 1994, NiteLines USA has successfully delivered contract support services to more than 144 government institutions and Medical treatment facilities across the country.