Responsibilities for Data Entry And Inquiry Operator Supervisor include:
- Ensures, through frequent oversight, that staff are efficiently and accurately entering Food for Florida (FFF) application data and Food for Florida denial notice data. This includes regular spot checking of entries completed by each staff throughout each work shift.
- Monitoring staff production to ensure the contracted number of data entry transactions are completed by each staff.
- Resolve staff issues or elevates any unresolved issue to appropriate management.
- Tracks day to day time and attendance of staff assigned to their supervision.
- Ensures that data entry issues are resolved, provides answers as appropriate to questions and surface unresolved questions regarding data entry to on-site DCF staff.
- Ensure adequate staff are available or immediately notifies designated DCF contact when it is apparent that the number of available staff is less than the contracted amount for the current or future shift.
- Promotes quality and efficient work.
- Maintains an orderly and efficient work area.
- Conducts meetings with staff as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the time and attendance records of all temporary state staff under their supervision.
- Provides the required information to the designated DCF contact to establish user profiles for each staff. Also, immediately reports to the DCF contact termination of any staff.
- Responsible for terminating temporary state staff assigned to their supervision. This includes terminations requested by authorized DCF staff.
- Follows appropriate procedures to report incidents involving temporary state staff.
- Immediately reports to the designated DCF contact any problems with computer connectivity or the FFF system.
- Ensure that all temporary state staff adheres to required work hours and appropriate dress code.
This is a Florida statewide position. Candidates must participate in a Level II fingerprinting check.
About Nitelines USA, Inc:
What we do...
A diversified Medical, Technical and Operational Support Agency for all types of Government Agencies across the USA. We employ various technical and professional medical personnel, as well as management and administrative personnel who have proven experience, meet educational requirements, and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on being supportive and responsive to all our employees.
Established in 1994, NiteLines USA has successfully delivered contract support services to more than 144 government institutions and Medical treatment facilities across the country.