Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago.
Position Shift: 8am-5pm
The Accounting Technician candidate must perform the following duties:
• Creates and/or generates related reports.
• Researches discrepancies and works with appropriate staff to resolve issues.
• Interprets and applies all rules, policies, laws and regulations applicable to job functions.
• Cross-trains to learn and carry out other accounting technician responsibilities and provides back-up support to other accounting technicians.
• Screens and verifies accounts payable documents for accuracy and legality; processes documents for payment; enters data into accounting system.
• Maintains vendor files and processes invoices for all fuel vendors. Prepares monthly fuel tax reports.
• Maintains accounts payable files and investigates problems and irregularities.
• Verifies account payable codes to ensure appropriate account designation.
• Verifies time sheets; enters hour and earnings for employees and balances time sheets to batch totals entered in the system. Transmits payroll to Ceridian and receives it back. Speaks with Ceridian representative as needed. Works, as directed by supervisor, with all other departments and employees with routine payroll issues. Reviews and verifies payroll tax reports.
• Maintains uniform allowance logs and reconciles related balances for bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit employees.
• Assists Supervisor of Payroll and Accounts Payable with researching records, analyzing payroll transactions and processing non-routine and year-end payroll changes
• Knowledge of principles and practices of basic accounting and recordkeeping.
• Knowledge of accounting processes and procedures.
• Working knowledge of automated accounting systems.
• Knowledge of rules, policies, laws and regulations applicable to job functions.
• Skills to perform mathematical calculations using a calculator and/or 10-key pad or adding machine.
• Skills in maintaining a professional level of courtesy and confidentiality with regard to employee, vendor and company information or records.
• Ability to recognize priorities, plan and organize work to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to review, analyze and interpret accounting data and prepare accurate accounting documents.
• Ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply rules, policies, laws and regulations applicable to job functions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, the public, coworkers and those doing business with LYNX.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
An Associate’s degree with major coursework in accounting and three (3) years of related work experience, preferably in a government entity or industry in a highly computerized environment. Experience with Ceridian, Crystal and/or Great Plains Dynamics desired
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO PAST A BACKGROUND CHECK
What we do...
A diversified Medical, Technical and Operational Support Agency for all types of Government Agencies across the USA. We employ various technical and professional medical personnel, as well as management and administrative personnel who have proven experience, meet educational requirements, and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on being supportive and responsive to all our employees.
Established in 1994, NiteLines USA has successfully delivered contract support services to more than 144 government institutions and Medical treatment facilities across the country.
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse Accounting Technician jobs in Orlando FL USA:
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration in Orlando, FL
Posted 17 days ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - DEA
CollaborateMD Inc in Orlando, FL
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Pro-Tech Air Conditioning & Plumbing in Orlando, FL
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter