Medical, 401K, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Room for growth, good balance of work and play, management that cares”
Title: Door Staff
Reports to: Taproom General Manager
Location(s): 87 Santilli Hwy; Everett, MA 02149
Summary of Position:
The Taproom Door Staff is responsible for keeping the taproom, guests and staff safe while also remaining welcoming calm always. One of the core duties is checking ID’s of guests entering the building as well as pre-screening to head off any issues that may arise once in the space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Politely greet all guests and welcome them to our Taproom
- Provide security at the front door of our Taproom.
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests here at Night Shift Brewing
- Keep a cool head in stressful situations
- Help maintain order on busy days of business
- Check each guest's ID and ensure that it is a valid form of identification
- Ensure that guests are not acting inappropriately, and help to protect our property and equipment from damage
- Assist in ensuring that all access points and fire exits remain clear always
- Interact and communicate effectively with first responders in emergency situations
- Assist managers in controlling the number of guests in the taproom always
- Assist in deescalating situations as needed
- Assist in escorting guests out of the taproom as needed
- Refuse entry to guests showing signs of intoxication or cause concern
- Remain in constant contact with floor manager
- Ensure that intoxicated guests are not driving to the best of your ability
Education & Experience:
- Prior experience checking ID’s
- Preferred prior experience in working door
- Prior experience in the liquor or bar industry
- High School Diploma or GED required
- TIPS certified
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- Crowd manager certification
- Understanding of beer production & packaging. Familiarity with basic styles of malt beverages and applicable raw materials required for production.
- History of Night Shift Brewing
- Basic knowledge of craft beer industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with guests, co-workers and in some cases emergency responders.
- Keen sense of observation and awareness.
- Eagerness for listening to ideas, questions, and feedback.
- An amiable personality and confident interacting with people.
- Should have strong work ethic and a willingness to support other departments as occasion demands.
- Honesty: Door staff must be trusted to not to allow underage guests into the Taproom or to let someone who has raised concerns into the building, or remain in the building
- Self-Control: Door staff will often be involved in de-escalating various situations and need to be able to keep a cool head and to remain professional at all times in all situations
The work for this position is partly performed in an taproom environment, and requires occasional trips to the warehouse and production floor, which involves multiple flights of stairs
The production aspects of this job take place in a working brewery environment, which involves the following:
- Hot, cold, steamy, foggy, wet conditions
- Noise (up to 90 dB)
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, and pressurized vessels
- Exposure to machinery with moving parts
- Wet floors
- Occasional entry into confined spaces
General Physical Requirements
Employee must be comfortable:
- Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing
- Seeing, talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling
- Lifting up to 55 pounds and moving up to 170 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Must be 21+
- Health insurance options
- Dental insurance options
- Flexible work schedule
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous beer, and merchandise privileges
About Night Shift Brewing:
Night Shift Brewing was founded in 2012 by a trio of friends with a shared passion for home brewing. Through culinary inspiration and determined innovation, we aim to create memorable craft beers that offer a wide array of unique, complex flavors.
We believe in creating and sharing a world class culture built around our passions. This belief influences everything from our branding, to our sales service, to our staffing, to our Taproom environment, to our processes on the production floor. We are endlessly passionate about the culture that we create, and we look to share that culture with those around us.
87 Santilli Highway, Everett MA 02149
11 days ago