Posted 2 years ago in Engineering
The primary charter of the Company IT Systems and Infrastructure team is to provide best-in-class service with smart and innovative technology solutions that allow our customers to do what they do best, if it be our coworkers in the office, or the artists and authors who use our services.
Functionally, the duties of a Systems Engineer include systems and core infrastructure design and architecture for our IT office productivity, retail e-commerce and web hosting solutions within Windows/SQL and LAMP operating environments. Specifically this position will focus on Linux-based technologies, open-source applications and scripting integrations across heterogeneous operating environments and product lines for LAMP-based hosting solutions and virtualization with VMware. As a secondary function this position will participate in network design, architecture and administrative support.
· Design, develop and architect technology solutions focusing on Linux (Debian and Red Hat-based) servers, Apache, and MySQL in both an e-commerce and hosting environment.
· Develop new and maintain existing custom scripted and internal applications used to manage services and data.
· Design, develop and architect VMware virtualization solutions specific for the needs of the hosting line of business.
· Tactical management of and contribution to relevant team and department projects, including prioritization and multi-task assignments.
· Ensure operating standards are developed, maintained, and adhere to.
· Function as a liaison between Systems and Infrastructure and other teams within the company, which may include direct or indirect contact with external customers and partners.
· Administer, proactively maintain and troubleshoot server, storage and virtualization subsystems across all lines of business.
· Participation in network configuration, scaling and troubleshooting using Cisco, HP, and other network technologies.
· Continuous learning of IT engineering and design topics that are relevant to both the technology solutions as well as our industry.
· Provide technical guidance and cross-training to team members as needed.
· Any and all additional job duties as defined by IT management.
Scope and Accountability:
This position will interact primarily with Technology department members to exchange issues, obtain technical approaches and understand new methods and standards.
Assignments usually come from the IT Manager, as well as technical direction from Development Leads and Management.
This position will require independent decision making; making recommendations, taking action, and performing work under minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of Internet e-Commerce and web hosting technology solutions, focusing on systems performance and high availability.
· In-depth knowledge of server hardware systems and Colocation facilities (emphasis on Dell hardware solutions).
· Detailed knowledge of Debian and Red Hat based distributions, enterprise class data center networking, VMware and vSphere 4.1 and above, Apache and IIS, MySQL, directory services using openLDAP and Active Directory, DNS in BIND and tinyDNS, scripting using PHP, BASH shell, Perl, Python, Ruby and MySQL. Detailed knowledge in DAS, SAN, NAS including hardware and software RAID required. Server patching and application updates automation technologies experience.
· Strong experience in firewalls, switching and routing including experience in Cisco, HP, F5 networks and Barracuda network devices.
· Knowledge of support Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus
· Strong experience in systems level design and scaling of custom developed applications with proven experience working with development teams.
· Analytical skills necessary to ensure assignments are implemented in a clear, controlled, anticipated fashion.
· Ability to quickly learn about procedures and technologies for systems and applications and to apply new knowledge to complex tasks.
· Work effectively with all levels of company staff; must be a self-starter, and work well in a team environment.
NexSys Group was founded by a group of industry professionals committed to bringing IT and Finance staffing solutions together for organizations desiring excellence in delivery and customer service - serving as their nexus for talent.
At NexSys Group, we take all of our relationships seriously including employees, consultants, and prospective candidates. We work hard to present the industry's very best career opportunities, and we work equally hard treating our people as the valued partners they are. NexSys Group is committed to a relationship with you based on mutual respect and the utmost professionalism.
We take the time to form a personal relationship with you. There are no faceless stacks of paper at NexSys Group. We work to understand your career and personal goals, and take the time to present potential opportunities accordingly, not to just mine buzzwords off your resume.
We keep the lines of communication open, including full disclosure on all opportunities, as well as timely updates regarding candidacy status and status of the hiring process.
We invest in our people to ensure they are optimally marketed for appropriate opportunities, including resume positioning, extensive coaching and briefing for interviews, and more.
We are committed to long-term partnerships and quality. We take in the pride in the fact that a successful placement is not the end of our relationship, but a new beginning.
We enthusiastically help you transition into your new role and continue to invest in our relationship on an on-going basis.
If this sounds like what you are looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Browse systems engineer jobs in Portland, Oregon:
NWEA - Portland, OR
Posted yesterday on Glassdoor
Immersive Media - Portland, OR
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Artech Information Systems, LLC - Hillsboro, OR
Posted yesterday on the web