Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Systems Architect Jobs in Annapolis, MD
System Architect Hadoop
We are seeking a highly motivated System Architect to design and
configure major components of the Hadoop distributed computing
As a System Architect, you will work with an extremely bright,
motivated and energetic team as you investigate, prototype, propose and
develop next generation technology options for distributed computing.
We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of technology skills
across many areas and who can demonstrate an ability to apply Hadoop
solutions to big data problems.
This position will be located in Annapolis Junction, MD and requires a TS/SCI Polygraph Clearance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain multiple Hadoop cluster infrastructures, from development to production.
- Manage, monitor and scale cloud infrastructures using Puppet, Ganglia, Nagios and other open sources tools.
- Collect and review system data for capacity and planning purposes.
- Work closely with clients to provide technical insight and analytics.
- Develop puppet modules for configuration management.
- Develop set of scripts to better automate installations and maintenance.
- Current TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or IA preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in system builds for DOD/IC customers running NESSUS, RETINA, SECScans, etc.
- Significant RHEL administration and configuration experience.
- Experience in COTS, GOTS, GOSS and FOSS integrated solutions.
- A technical understanding of cloud based system architecture.
- Knowledge of Hadoop/HDFS and Distributed Cloud Computing Architecture (DCCA) is preferred.
- Experience in integrating systems into multiple inherited environments.
- Experience in optimizing, monitoring and deploying applications within a distributed cloud environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting multiple distributed systems.
- Hands on knowledge of Ruby, Python or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with version control software such as Git or Subversion.
- Strong analytical skills.
About Nexmation, LLC:
Nexmation provides a full range of IT Staffing, IT Consulting and Recruiting Solutions
- Business Intelligence Recruiting And Staffing
- Oracle & Peoplesoft Recruiting & Staffing
- SharePoint Recruiting And Consulting
- IT Recruiting
- Retained Executive Search
- Sales Recruiting
- SAP Recruiting
- IT Staffing
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Systems Architect jobs in Annapolis, Maryland:
Leidos in Greenbelt, MD
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Principal Systems Architect | Active Secret Clearance Required NEW!
TriTech Enterprise in Fort Meade, MD
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Systems Architect (TS/SCI with Poly Required)
Talent Orchard in Fort Meade, MD
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter