Senior Cyber Analyst / Developer
Location: Columbia, MD
U.S. citizenship and a current TS/SCI clearance with a FULLSCOPE Polygraph required REQUIRED
The Senior Cyber Analyst/Developer will perform vulnerability analysis and reverse engineering on computer network devices and protocols, operating systems, software applications, wireless and embedded systems, and process control systems.
This includes designing, developing, programming, debugging, documenting, briefing, and demonstrating tools and findings.
Candidates must be able to work with other team members.
Major Duties & Functions
· Research, discover, analyze and document software and system vulnerabilities
· Reverse engineer and analyze software, protocols, and embedded code
· Design, develop, document, test and debug cyber software and systems
· Perform penetration testing to uncover faults and security weaknesses
· Program code in Assembly, C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Unix Shell or other scripting languages
· Document security findings and provide user level documentation
· Ensure software standards are met
· Advise customers on current and emerging industry standards and technologies
Qualifications You Must Have
Applicants must be self-motivated, team-oriented, possess excellent communications skills, and be passionate about developing innovation solutions to technological and operational challenges.
This position requires that you have:
· Advanced knowledge of OS fundamentals and internals - interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers, memory management techniques, code and resource optimization, kernel and device driver programming for UNIX, Linux, Windows, and embedded systems.
· Experience employing processes, tools/platforms, and techniques associated with vulnerability discovery, reverse engineering, and penetration testing.
· Experience analyzing code for faults using static, dynamic, and/or other testing techniques.
· Experience using software engineering tools for configuration management (e.g. Subversion) and developing in a Win32/Win64 virtual machine environment.
· Experience using Unix and Windows kernel debuggers and disassemblers such as Dbg, WinDbg, OllyDbg, ImmDbg, and IDA Pro.
· Experience programming in Assembly, C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Unix Shell or other scripting languages.
· Experience programming System API calls and network sockets on Windows and/or Linux platforms.
· Familiarity with executable formats such as ELF and PE.
· Knowledge of analysis techniques for communication protocols and a solid understanding of how data moves within a network protocol stack.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
· 5+ years experience as an analyst/developer in the computer network security industry.
· Able to work under pressure and make decisions with a positive "can do" attitude.
· Open minded and passionate about new technologies and ideas.
· U.S. citizenship and a current TS/SCI clearance with a fullscope polygraph required.
· Position is located in the Baltimore/Washington area.
· Willing to travel to customer locations.
About our client
A global leader in the development of mobile, broadband and enterprise communications software and services. They enable Communications Service Providers (CSPs), enterprises, suppliers and governments to successfully deploy innovative and advanced services that help their clients realize operational efficiencies, drive revenue, and maintain a competitive edge. As the industry's go-to expert for solving the most complex communications challenges, they are known for getting it right the first time and for having the depth of expertise to fully understand our customers' situation, respond appropriately, and deliver as promised. They have globally trusted expertise in software and services to meet the needs of customers and partners, including, consulting, next-generation OSS, network and application interconnection, service delivery and charging solutions, industry research and new technology development. Offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Central and Latin America.